What's new

nba league pass?

shadler

I been looking into getting rid of cable and looking for alternative places to watch Jazz games. Any ideas and how is using nba league pass? Not sure they will allow me to the Jazz on there being it is local. I am just sick of cable.

NBA League Pass gives you every NBA game. Unless the Jazz are playing on NBATV or ESPN or CBS or something you should get every Jazz game and every other team as well. I really enjoy league pass to be honest with you.

NBA League Pass gives you every NBA game. Unless the Jazz are playing on NBATV or ESPN or CBS or something you should get every Jazz game and every other team as well. I really enjoy league pass to be honest with you.

No

I am starting to think it could be different for each market, depending if it is on a local tv or subscriber. Sucks because I don't like paying for things I don't watch.

Are you local?

No, local teams are blacked out if you are in the geographic market of a particular team. UGLI is right. Shadler is wrong. It's not a market by market thing. If a game is on national TV it's blacked out. If the team is playing on a cable or local channel that is available via your local cable/satellite company then it will be blacked out on League Pass.

You can get around this with a VPN so it's not impossible. But basically, if you get FSN Utah and can watch Jazz games via your local cable package then you won't be able to watch Jazz games via League Pass Broadband or anything without using a VPN or some other similar method.

I live in Phoenix and the suns are indeed blacked out. IMO league pass is the worst value of all the sport subscriptions (Sunday ticket, MLB, etc..). But it's the only option if you're out of the jazz market.. Well, only legal option.

NFL Sunday ticket on your computer station monitor is the greatest invention in the history of mankind.

No, local teams are blacked out if you are in the geographic market of a particular team. UGLI is right. Shadler is wrong. It's not a market by market thing. If a game is on national TV it's blacked out. the team is playing on a cable or local channel that is available via your local cable/satellite company then it will be blacked out on League Pass
You can get around this with a VPN so it's not impossible. But basically, if you get FSN Utah and can watch Jazz games via your local cable package then you won't be able to watch Jazz games via League Pass Broadband or anything without using a VPN or some other similar method.

Thanks, that is pretty much what I was wondering. Not sure I can say I was wrong on that. That was pretty much how I thought it worked. It is rigged so you have to pay for cable if you want your local team. I just thought maybe being how some teams still broadcast (if they do) on local channels that you still get to watch them on league pass and if they are on a cable provider then you have to pay for the cable and that it will be blackout on league pass. I doubt there are any teams that do play on air anymore. So really it isn't worth nba league pass, unless you live outside of utah.

No, it doesn't. When the Jazz are playing the Lakers or Clippers, the game is blacked out on LP for me in Los Angeles. If there's a local feed (game in Utah), I get to watch it. When the game is at Staples, I'm SOL.

Thanks, that is pretty much what I was wondering. Not sure I can say I was wrong on that. That was pretty much how I thought it worked. It is rigged so you have to pay for cable if you want your local team. I just thought maybe being how some teams still broadcast (if they do) on local channels that you still get to watch them on league pass and if they are on a cable provider then you have to pay for the cable and that it will be blackout on league pass. I doubt there are any teams that do play on air anymore. So really it isn't worth nba league pass, unless you live outside of utah.

Yeah, League Pass is great if your favorite team is out of your market or if you are just a huge NBA fan. I live in LA so it works well for me. Like Motown, if it's at Staples then it's blacked out, but I have cable so I just watch them on the Lakers/Clippers feeds. I'm not sure whether any teams have OTA feeds anymore due to FSN trying to lock them all up, but last year the Lakers away games were on local OTA channel 9 and they were still blacked out on League Pass. Now they are all on the new Laker Time Warner channel.

I wonder how long cable will hang on until you can purchase channels, or specific content. Cable gives you the freedom of a North Korean.

Get a vpn, they're cheap and work great to get around blackouts. I use privateinternetacess.com and it cost me 40 for the year, u can also buy monthly.

This product will not work for playoffs though since it's a us only product and all playoff games are nationally televised.