What's new

NBA Must Change Entire Structure...Especially Playoffs

MeloTheJazzKiller

OK, right now the Jazz are sitting fifth in playoff standings Western Conference. I am sure you will agree that's fair. That is where they should be.

Now the problem arises when you look at a team like the Knicks. Knicks did not make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference but would have made the playoffs if they were in the Western Conference. For some reason we are placed in the Eastern Conference not the Western Conference. That is just wrong. We have a better record than three of the Western Conference playoff teams, yet the Knicks are not in the playoffs!

Why are the Knicks in the Eastern Conference? It makes no sense. Ask anybody from London where New York is and they will say it's in the west. Ask anybody from Rome where New York is and they will say west. I am already writing a letter to Commissioner Stern demanding that the Knicks be placed in the Western Conference. It makes absolutely no sense that the Knicks are not in the Western Conference and are not in the playoffs. We should be in the Western Conference and in the damn playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That plane is travelling west, folks.

1649265480923.png

OK, right now the Jazz are sitting fifth in playoff standings Western Conference. I am sure you will agree that's fair. That is where they should be.

Now the problem arises when you look at a team like the Knicks.
What's the problem. They suck and didn't make the playoffs because of it. The system works.

What's the problem. They suck and didn't make the playoffs because of it. The system works.

Meathead, we didn't make the playoffs not because we suck. We didn't make the playoffs because for some reason we are placed in the Eastern Conference. I already showed you we really are a western team. Read my post above again. Look at the little picture I included. Simple minds need pictures to understand simple things so I included one.

This makes perfect sense to me. Hop in a plane in London and fly east. Now keep flying as you pass over Europe, Asia and a big ocean and you will eventually see Utah - and you flew east!

Obvious to this reader we should be in the eastern conference.

If Commissioner Stern replies, let us know. That would be noteworthy.

Adam Stern did respond. Almost immediately. Here is his response to my e-mail.
First my e-mail:

You bastards!
My team has won more games than three Western Conference playoff teams. My team won the most talked about Slam Dunk Contest in Slam Dunk history. It was a great year, but because we are placed in the East Conference and not in the West, we are not in the upcoming playoffs. You bastards! Change it! Put us in the West where we belong. (New York is west of London and Rome.) Put us in the playoffs where we belong!
You bastards!
Sincerely,
MeloTheJazzKiller

Stern's response:

Dear Mr. JazzKiller,
I read your well-informed e-mail and I agree with you. The Knicks should be in the Western Conference and in the playoffs. Your point about New York being west of London and Rome is brilliant and unimpeachable.
Unfortunately, because of many things I can not talk about, the league does not want the Knicks in the playoffs.
Sincerely,
Adam Stern

These are all statements of fact... hard to argue against science. So I guess this means the Knicks are like 12 time champs now... dynasty!!!

I'm pretty sure that's the reason you didn't make the playoffs.

But I can name three teams that sucked more than us, yet they are in the playoffs!

I don't understand why you folks are against my common sense here. This is a hill worth dying over. One day you Jazz (which is definitely an Eastern team...just ask anybody from LA), one day you Jazz may have a better record than East playoff teams but not make the playoffs because you are absurdly classified as a Western Conference team. Stand with me. Write Stern and say this is wrong.

I've set up a GoFundMe to support Melo's effort. It can be located below:

Isn’t this the first year in, like, forever that the low end Eastern Conference teams have had better records? The low end EC playoff teams have been **** from as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Meathead, we didn't make the playoffs not because we suck. We didn't make the playoffs because for some reason we are placed in the Eastern Conference. I already showed you we really are a western team. Read my post above again. Look at the little picture I included. Simple minds need pictures to understand simple things so I included one.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason you didn't make the playoffs.

But I can name three teams that sucked more than us, yet they are in the playoffs!

I don't understand why you folks are against my common sense here. This is a hill worth dying over. One day you Jazz (which is definitely an Eastern team...just ask anybody from LA), one day you Jazz may have a better record than East playoff teams but not make the playoffs because you are absurdly classified as a Western Conference team. Stand with me. Write Stern and say this is wrong.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men, you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week -- which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.