What's new

NBA Players destroying the NBA

mellow

On Draft Day, the NBA's equivilant of Christmas, where all the teams are equal and fans are brimming with hope..... but wait. Two knuckle heads can't help themselves from choosing today to alienate themselves from entire fanbases.

1- LaMarcus Aldridge--resident nice guy of Portland decides that today is a good time to announce that he wants to be traded because Portland is too small and boring. Now the fans in Portland have put up with alot, maybe they don't care if their guy calls them all boring, but couldn't the trade talk wait until Sunday after the Draft hope & Hype had started to fade?

2- Dwight 'Drama' Howard announces today that he is planning to leave LAL....because the fans didn't love him enough.

Just two of the latest in a long line of NBA people who think they can screw with fans and still have everything.

Long live basketball and let the NBA sink.

The NBA will not sink. We are in the era of reality TV and athletes can walk on water. Just a different time. Our generation is no longer the up and coming group. The future is no longer ours.

The NBA is the best basketball on earth and that will not change within our lifetimes. The rich and famous have always been disproportionately douchey and oblivious to reality and they always will be.

The only other thing I want to add is that Lamarcus Aldridge is and always has been a ****ing weenie. **** him.

Yeah Portland is awesome.

And this is so funny because like last year or two years ago after a Utah Blazers game (at home) I was listening to the post game lockerroom interview with Aldridge and one of his comments was about how he didn't like to go out, and he mostly chilled at home and stuff like that. I forget the context this came up in, but this is like a complete 180. Almost seems put out there by Chicago peeps or agents to force a move.

More strip clubs per capita than anywhere in the U.S.

I think you are basing your hate on one article and a rumor that he hates Portland the city. Perhaps that is a media guy from chicago. The article I read, he was quoted saying he loved Portland but he wants to win and if Portland continues to suck he would like to be moved. How can you blame a player for wanting to move if he plays for an incompetent organization?

Kevin Love said the same thing about Minnesota and I don't see him on your list. The reality is it is no fun being on a crappy team.

Portland has also had bad luck with some major players having career ending injuries. I am sure that LM wouldn't be whining if Oden and Roy were healthy and in a Blazer uniform.

Portland has also had bad luck with some major players having career ending injuries. I am sure that LM wouldn't be whining if Oden and Roy were healthy and in a Blazer uniform.

Or maybe he is mad that a rookie comes in and already is the leader of the team? Maybe he thought it would be his team now, but Lillard took over and now LA is mad.

Portland had one of the better starting lineups last year, they just had a godawful bench. They should be pretty good next year if LA isn't a big bitch.

....Portland done had their fun! Was back in 1977-78 when they took out the mighty 76er's and Dr. J, Doug Collins, Daryl Dawkins and George McGinnis in 4 straight after losing the first 2! It was a thing of beauty! Fundamentally sound basketball against "one on one" slop! They didn't let them palm the ball that much back then.....and "cross over dribbles" were not allowed!

Howard is a real clown, not just for name's sake. I don't understand why teams want to break themselves up to get him. He's not worth it. You would think he's Wilt or Bill Russell, but he's not even close.