What's new

NBA Playoffs thread.

The Thunder and Bulls have officially a 4% chance to come back and win this series. That was courtesy of ESPN earlier today. Good luck..... Oh, it's also been 29 years since the last team came back from 3-1 to win the series.

why was I able to tolerate Bosh when he was on the Raptors but now every time I see him I almost gag?

and I feel so mean saying this, but he really is ugly - he makes Nowitzki look good...
esp. when he gets to feeling all proud of himself, his open mouth is even worse than Boozer's

I'm feeling pretty bitchy right now
:sad:

MVP is about the regular season, your posts are getting ridiculous by the minute. But even if you want to talk playoffs - when you dont have much help like Rose, it is easy in the playoffs to double or triple team him and dare others to make shots. Thats part of why Rose is struggling. If he had Wade in place of Deng, the results would be a little different.

Luol Deng has played better than Wade in the ECF. Wade is shooting under 40%. The Heat put LeBron on Rose and he can't do anything.

MVP isnt always given to someone with the best offensive stats. Again, stupid argument. Lebron is playing alongside 2 other stars, one of whom is a superstar himself. And the Heat still finished with an inferior record to the Bulls. That seals this debate. With Wade and Bosh next to him, if Lebron had won 65+ games, then we could have this debate. Even Wade averaged 25.5 ppg on 50% shooting. So then could he be the MVP and not Lebron? There is no argument really here. Heat have 2 superstars, the Bulls have just one. They dont have anyone even remotely close to a Wade averaging 25ppg on their team

So this is a team award now? Most Valuable Team? Why not just call it the best player on the best team award. Heat had a slow start but since have been better than the Bulls.

well he was the MVP for the Cavs sure. But that was last year. We are talking about this year and the Heat

They went from 61-21 to 19-63 with pretty much the same team minus LeBron. 42 games worse! He should have been the MVP by default for that stat alone.

I was debating about Lebron vs Rose ONLY. Even otherwise, Howard's and Dirk's teams finished with an inferior record, right? So it doesnt matter.

So you can't argue why Rose is better just that because his team had the best record he should have won. Ok gotcha. Why wasn't Tim Duncan in the running then? Or Ginobili?

why was I able to tolerate Bosh when he was on the Raptors but now every time I see him I almost gag?

and I feel so mean saying this, but he really is ugly - he makes Nowitzki look good...
esp. when he gets to feeling all proud of himself, his open mouth is even worse than Boozer's

I'm feeling pretty bitchy right now
:sad:

disney_709.gif
chris-bosh-fired-up-for-free-agency.jpg

chrisbosh1.jpg

Chad Feldheimer said:
Luol Deng has played better than Wade in the ECF. Wade is shooting under 40%. The Heat put LeBron on Rose and he can't do anything.
I will repeat this only one more time. MVP is about the regular season, not the ECF or
WCF. Do you just dont get it or pretend not to get it?

So this is a team award now? Most Valuable Team? Why not just call it the best player on the best team award. Heat had a slow start but since have been better than the Bulls.

what made you think that I even implied that it was a team award?

I said without Lebron, Heat still had Wade(who averaged 25 pph himself in the regular season) and Bosh. Without Rose (and Noah missing a chunk of games) you just had Loozer and Deng-good enough to win 40-43 games at best.

I see that you have conveniently ignored the presence of Wade. There is NO ONE on the Bulls team except Rose, who is remotely as good as Wade was in the regular season this year. 25 freaking PPG, are you kidding me? Wade is a superstar who already has a ring without Lebron's help. And without Lebron Heat might have even got to a faster start because of the lack of chemistry issues, even if their record might have not have been the same eventually.

They went from 61-21 to 19-63 with pretty much the same team minus LeBron. 42 games worse! He should have been the MVP by default for that stat alone.

Are you an idiot? We are talking about this year, not last year. He might have been the MVP for Cavs but he has a superstar and an all star next to him in Miami. It is debatable whether he was even the Heat's MVP leave alone being the league MVP

So you can't argue why Rose is better just that because his team had the best record he should have won. Ok gotcha. Why wasn't Tim Duncan in the running then? Or Ginobili?

Duncan? LOL. He was being rested the entire year for the playoffs. The Spurs did it as a team. Duncan averaged 13 ppg on 28 mins. MVP all right.

MVP isnt given to who YOU think is the best player. It is given to the player who was the most critical for his team's success in the regular season. And success generally means a top 4 record. And without that player the team has a huge dropoff.

It is pretty simple actually. The Bulls have a bigger dropoff without Rose than the Heat have without Lebron. Noah was injured, the Chicago Jazz group all have huge flaws in their game and Deng is just a very good role player, not even an all star.