What's new

NBA Playoffs thread.

Dirk and LeBron are showing Rose(who has been awfully quiet in the Eastern Finals crunch time) who should have been MVP.

Rose really should have been about 4th or so

Howard, LeBron, & Dirk are all more valuable this season than Rose.

ROFL at this post.

You remove Rose and that team would be lucky to win 42 games, especially with Noah missing a chunk of games this season.

You remove LeDouche and you still have Wade and Bosh for the Heat.

Between Ledouche and Rose, MVP is Rose, by a mile.

OMG, I went to bed with a few minutes left in the game and OKC up by more than 10. What the heck happened?

Dude, I started flipping channels when OKC was up by 15 and they went to commercial, good thing I came back to the game. Dirk went nuts, and Marion had a great defensive play.

ROFL at this post.

You remove Rose and that team would be lucky to win 42 games, especially with Noah missing a chunk of games this season.

You remove LeDouche and you still have Wade and Bosh for the Heat.

Between Ledouche and Rose, MVP is Rose, by a mile.

That's why LeBron has been taking over in the 4th quarter and winning those games for Miami? While Rose has been missing in action?

LeBron's season stats: 26.7ppg 7apg 7.5rpg 51% FG
Rose's season stats: 25 ppg 7.7apg 4.1rpg 44% FG

Not saying Rose didn't have a great year. I just don't think he is the MVP. Thibedeau made a huge impact especially defensively. They added several other pieces (Boozer, Brewer, Korver) that helped them.

Cavs lost LeBron and look what happened to them. They went from Eastern Finals to record setting losing streaks.

Dallas also was 2-7 when Dirk was out. 55-18 with him.

Take Howard off of ORL and they would be terrible.

Last edited:
Rose has a good team. I hate when people say he has no one. They don't run offense for anyone. All I have seen them do is basically let Rose do everything. That is the coaches fault. There should be more movement in their offense. Boozer is good if you put him in pick n roll, not posting up. They just need to run some plays and get out in transition.

If he was a better passer, it would help the team a lot.
For every spectacular score, there is another time he drives into a triple team and gets nothing out of it.

Another garbage flagrant foul call (Boozer on Bosh). Nearly the same thing as yesterday.

EDIT: Just made up for it with the three point play. AND ONE!!!!

Ronnie Brewer picked up the charge at the end of regulation but that play exemplified the defensive genius of Thibbedeau. Miami tried to go to a LeBron (guarded by Deng) pick-and-roll with Mike Miller (guarded by Rose) but Brewer and Rose auto-switched it when Wade (guarded by Brewer) down-screened for Miller so instead of a LeBron/Rose matchup it was LeBron/Brewer. I loved that play.

But Rose can't settle for 2 consecutive step-back jumpers. At MVP time he needs to attack.

yes, exactly the one thing not to do against Lebron. He should just back up, and if LeBron follows him out, then go by him.

That foul called on Deng against lebron was a terrible call, rewarding a shameless flop. It set up the lead change.
Yup, there was also a play when Chicago had the lead where Bosh went into the lane and got 2 FT's on basically just solid post defense by Noah.

And Chicago's sideline out-of-bounds plays are atrocious.

Rose with too many minutes, chokes at the end. We saw the same thing when Deron went the whole second half, it's just not worth it.

That's why LeBron has been taking over in the 4th quarter and winning those games for Miami? While Rose has been missing in action?

MVP is about the regular season, your posts are getting ridiculous by the minute. But even if you want to talk playoffs - when you dont have much help like Rose, it is easy in the playoffs to double or triple team him and dare others to make shots. Thats part of why Rose is struggling. If he had Wade in place of Deng, the results would be a little different.

LeBron's season stats: 26.7ppg 7apg 7.5rpg 51% FG
Rose's season stats: 25 ppg 7.7apg 4.1rpg 44% FG

Not saying Rose didn't have a great year. I just don't think he is the MVP. Thibedeau made a huge impact especially defensively. They added several other pieces (Boozer, Brewer, Korver) that helped them.

MVP isnt always given to someone with the best offensive stats. Again, stupid argument. Lebron is playing alongside 2 other stars, one of whom is a superstar himself. And the Heat still finished with an inferior record to the Bulls. That seals this debate. With Wade and Bosh next to him, if Lebron had won 65+ games, then we could have this debate. Even Wade averaged 25.5 ppg on 50% shooting. So then could he be the MVP and not Lebron? There is no argument really here. Heat have 2 superstars, the Bulls have just one. They dont have anyone even remotely close to a Wade averaging 25ppg on their team

Cavs lost LeBron and look what happened to them. They went from Eastern Finals to record setting losing streaks.

well he was the MVP for the Cavs sure. But that was last year. We are talking about this year and the Heat

Dallas also was 2-7 when Dirk was out. 55-18 with him.

Take Howard off of ORL and they would be terrible.

I was debating about Lebron vs Rose ONLY. Even otherwise, Howard's and Dirk's teams finished with an inferior record, right? So it doesnt matter.

Last edited:
Rose with too many minutes, chokes at the end. We saw the same thing when Deron went the whole second half, it's just not worth it.
Agree he should've had a minute or two of rest - especially w/how well Watson played in the 2nd-qtr. However, I'm not sure it would've made a difference. 3 straight games now the LeBron and the Heat defense shuts off his driving lanes in the 4th qtr.

What LeBron and Wade do is similar to what Jordan and Pippen would do in taking their defensive pressure to that extra level late in games and completely smother teams offensively down the stretch. They're not on the same level as Jordan/Pippen but rarely have we seen defensive play by mulitple perimeter players swing the outcome of games since the Bulls' championship run.

Also I'm fine with Rose as the MVP because that's the way it's always worked. If it went to the best player Shaq would have more than 1 MVP, and Jordan have the MVP record instead of Kareem. It usually goes to the best player on one of the best teams - often a player/team that makes a breakthrough.

They added several other pieces (Boozer, Brewer, Korver) that helped them.

The Bulls are finding out what we already knew about these guys. They have huge holes in their games. One cannot defend, one cannot shoot and the other can ONLY shoot.