What's new

NBA Radio - Donovan Mitchell Should Go. Not to Knicks

How many starting shooting guards DON'T play with a PG?
Lol yeah that was worded poorly. I edited it.
There were only 2 shooting guards this year that averaged more passes for possible assists than Donovan. Harden and Beal. And only Harden had a game with 15 Assists.
350 games and not having more than 11 assists is normal. Most players never get to double figure assists in a career.

either find DM a new backcourt partner or just trade him.
Yeah we need a defender with size to play next to Donovan if we are planning on building around him

But is that because he doesn’t pass? According to second spec data for the last 3 years Donovan has averaged over 10.4 passes a game that would count as assists if the shot was made. Plus he has always had another guy that is considered the PG playing.
Im sure that you have stats like that for every player. There are a lot of misses in every nba game that would count as assists if teams shot 100% from the field.
Just remember that he has only had 11 assists twice in his career and for much of that career the jazz had the number one offense in the nba and were one of the highest scoring offenses in the nba. So the ball was going in the hoop alot.

Yeah we need a defender with size to play next to Donovan if we are planning on building around him
not just defense. DM's offense drops significantly when paired with Conley. He averages 26pt on 46% shooting per 36min when Conley isn't on the floor but only averages 21pt on 33% shooting when he is

You obviously don’t get it. So let’s put it this way. How many starting Shooting guards have high assist numbers?
Thats a very fair point/question. I dont expect don to get a ton of assists as he is our primary scorer. I wonder how his assist averages compare to someone like say zach lavine (just pulled the name out of nowhere)?

not just defense. DM's offense drops significantly when paired with Conley. He averages 26pt on 46% shooting per 36min when Conley isn't on the floor but only averages 21pt on 33% shooting when he is

either find DM a new backcourt partner or just trade him.

Good posts. Agreed. Conley is a problem for donovan and the team in general. Bad trade.

That's a good thing. It can't be all Donovan, all the time.

Thats a very fair point/question. I dont expect don to get a ton of assists as he is our primary scorer. I wonder how his assist averages compare to someone like say zach lavine (just pulled the name out of nowhere)?
I looked it up. They are fairly similar with assists. Donovan is slightly better.

That’s pretty easy to answer. Donovan ranked 4th among shooting guards in assists behind Hardin, Beal, and Haliberton (who plays point guard for Indiana now)

That's a good thing. It can't be all Donovan, all the time.
then please show up. Conley basically gone AWOL once playoffs comes around. either goes down hurt or pull some **** like this Mavs series. If Conley can drop something like 30+10 then of course DM can get a breather.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg33LJFV0dE

A lot of Royce but A LOT of Donovan all series. 3 or 4 embarrassingly terrible defenses here where he literally play no defense.

Edit: Hell watching this is infuriating as if Donovan played anywhere near what Brunson did, we would've easily won.
If Rudy shot like Kleber or stopped him from going 8-12 from 3 in those 2 wins, we win too.

Donovan wasn't the primary guy on Brunson. Just like he wouldn't be the main guy on Steph. Dame. Etc.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app