What's new

NBA Streaming Services

Yep, and as we get more info about how the system's working this year, it looks like it could be as low as just the $15 Indian ILP if:

- The website and app no longer check your connection once you've bought your package, like Ron Mexico reported. This could change at any point, but hey, why not enjoy it while it lasts.

- The system checks your connection when you log in to watch a game, but once the stream begins you are allowed to turn the VPN off and still get the video feed. In that case you can use Tunnelbear for free with the 500MB/month plan, which is more than enough to log in daily.

- You find a reliable, fast and free VPN option with no data transfer limits. I've tried different options in the past but none that I would recommend to every user. I've seen a Chrome extension named SetupVPN recommended on a Reddit thread about League Pass. I may check it at some point.

In any case the India deal looks like a great one, whether you finally have to pay for a VPN as well or not.

Thought 15.99 was worth the try (was paying 100 per for Reborn last year).

I used the "SetupVPN" extension, and PayPal, with an Indian IP as you noted, everything worked fine. I don't even have it on and last night's games are playing. thanks for the tips!

International League Pass works extremely well for me.
It is everything i could wish for - fast, quality, rich in content, rich in features.
worth every single dollar and then some.

So, I usually work nights and can't watch streams. For those that use the playstation 4 route, can you watch old games on it or is it just a streaming service? Also, is it blacked out for Utah residents?

Sent from my SM-N915V using JazzFanz mobile app

Thought 15.99 was worth the try (was paying 100 per for Reborn last year).

I used the "SetupVPN" extension, and PayPal, with an Indian IP as you noted, everything worked fine. I don't even have it on and last night's games are playing. thanks for the tips!

I've tried it too and weirdly enough it lets me watch the games when I'm disconnected, but it doesn't recognize my subscription when I connect from India, neither with Tunnelbear nor with SetupVPN. I'm not complaining though. :D

I've tried it too and weirdly enough it lets me watch the games when I'm disconnected, but it doesn't recognize my subscription when I connect from India, neither with Tunnelbear nor with SetupVPN. I'm not complaining though. :D

Really appreciate the tip!

For those wondering reborn worked really well for me. I've watched a couple games now. Didn't have any problems. Full HD quality pictures. It has the ability to re-watch games or start partway through a game at the beginning. Also, I can watch it on my Xbox so that is a nice feature for me. This is my second year and I have only had a couple minor problems. I subscribed with the Gift Card option. Didn't have any problems with it. It usually takes a few hours for everything to go through though. It sounds like the NBA league pass is cheaper, but I haven't used it so I cannot comment on the quality of it. I do recommend this program. So if anyone has any questions with it let me know.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I really just want the damn jazz games on a streaming service that works. I can never find a reliable stream on kodi.

Take my money!

Update on using my international league pass through India. I have had a hard time logging into it. It wasnt recognizing my password or just wouldn't let me log in unless I did forgot password.

I have now got it working just fine if I first set my location to India, then I log on. After that I can turn off the VPN and it works fine. The Jazz games are not blacked out even though I live in SLC. The games are great quality and stream okay but the casting options kind of suck and so do the controls but it's reliable and I can watch games anytime which is why I am paying for it as opposed to just using Reddit links.

Update on using my international league pass through India. I have had a hard time logging into it. It wasnt recognizing my password or just wouldn't let me log in unless I did forgot password.

I have now got it working just fine if I first set my location to India, then I log on. After that I can turn off the VPN and it works fine. The Jazz games are not blacked out even though I live in SLC. The games are great quality and stream okay but the casting options kind of suck and so do the controls but it's reliable and I can watch games anytime which is why I am paying for it as opposed to just using Reddit links.

I'm also using it without any kind problems. The only thing it seems to require is to log in from India, as you said and the website itself warned during the purchasing process. Otherwise it will show that you have no subscription.

So far I've simply been using the SetupVPN extension, not even Tunnelbear. Just turn the VPN on, log in and watch. You can even turn the VPN off if you want to once you're in. If at some point you log in from India but it doesn't recognize your subscription, just log off, clear the cache (Ctrl + F5) and voilà, you can log in again from India and watch every game.

$15 well spent.

I'm in IT and am inherently suspicious of 'free' VPN providers. I feel more comfortable finding reddit streams and stopping malicious networks at the HOSTS file that you configure within Windows.

I'm in IT and am inherently suspicious of 'free' VPN providers. I feel more comfortable finding reddit streams and stopping malicious networks at the HOSTS file that you configure within Windows.

Maybe I’m naive but I trust tunnelbear because their site is clean/quality?

Just got it and did the India option and watching the LA/LA game through it now with no issue. Really hope this works because I was ready to throw my iPad through a wall during the Denver game with *****y streams.

Just got it and did the India option and watching the LA/LA game through it now with no issue. Really hope this works because I was ready to throw my iPad through a wall during the Denver game with *****y streams.

Yeah I’m doing the same, though with a different vpn. You really only need to use the vpn to sign into watch.nba.com then you can shut it off. Watched the jazz nuggets game with no issues.

Again, even if a site is seemingly docile and innocent looking, you have to understand that these VPN providers can have in the past sniffed all traffic from their users.

VPNs are basically agents that take your traffic, mask its source (IE, your location and IP), and release it to its destination. By doing this, they have the power to basically inspect all traffic you are sending off.

VPNs are basically agents that take your traffic, mask its source (IE, your location and IP), and release it to its destination. By doing this, they have the power to basically inspect all traffic you are sending off.

Most respectable VPNs encrypt the traffic.

Private Internet Access is reliable and trustworthy. They don't log any traffic, and were unable to provide the government with any traffic information in response to subpoenas in the past.

I used firstrow for the first Jazz game. Feed was really good.

Most respectable VPNs encrypt the traffic.

Private Internet Access is reliable and trustworthy. They don't log any traffic, and were unable to provide the government with any traffic information in response to subpoenas in the past.

Encryption works on one principle- a key is generated and that key is a part of a handshake between you and the VPN provider. The VPN can log these events, and thus, log the key. As I stated initially, it's simply a matter of trust. Do you trust a VPN provider to honor encryption and logging, or do you trust a streaming website with a direct connection while blocking known malicious/spam networks/software at the HOSTS file? The difference is that VPNs attract an audience of consumers looking to 'hide' traffic, and thus, there's money to be made there by abusing their trust.