What's new

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 2018

i don't know if it has been mentioned, but KBD with 24 and 11 today - but he's a senior - gotta go with the upside picks in round 1.

The most significant moment in Jazz history was trading up and drafting Mitchell. When he wins Championships there will be much dancing! :-D

He is a superstar in every sense of the word.

At SL this week my buddy's son approached the bench probably 3-4 times and was rejected without DM seeing... security was tight cuz Dame was already there. During a timeout he was in DM's field of vision as security was moving him away... DM said no waived security off and took the jersey to sign... then the mob started... he stood there for 10-15 minutes signing everything anyone got to him. No hint of being put out by it... continued his conversations but took care of so many signatures. Dame started signing a bit after DM did.

Anyway... just a genuinely, overly nice guy. I'm sure its annoying... I don't blame the guys that don't sign (Rudy is less approachable), but being willing to make that a cool day for many that were there is awesome.

There isn't another player I'd rather have... not one.

At SL this week my buddy's son approached the bench probably 3-4 times and was rejected without DM seeing... security was tight cuz Dame was already there. During a timeout he was in DM's field of vision as security was moving him away... DM said no waived security off and took the jersey to sign... then the mob started... he stood there for 10-15 minutes signing everything anyone got to him. No hint of being put out by it... continued his conversations but took care of so many signatures. Dame started signing a bit after DM did.

Anyway... just a genuinely, overly nice guy. I'm sure its annoying... I don't blame the guys that don't sign (Rudy is less approachable), but being willing to make that a cool day for many that were there is awesome.

I think that's part of his like for SLC as well. He's remarked a couple of time how he could take a walk and folks will see him but respect his privacy. It's just a think for folks on the Wasatch Front to generally be cool with your neighbors but not stick your nose in their business.

But yeah, DM is a god at this point.

Great story, HH. You could offer anyone else in the league straight up and I dont think Dennis would trade him. He's just too important to the team, city and state. Even remaining in Utah, I could see the day his Jersey is the top seller.

He could be one of the most personable and well-spoken players ever in the NBA. We are so damn lucky to have him.

Next to the definition of serendipity should be a picture of Donovan.

A lot of people underrated Aaron Holiday, myself included. I came around to him at the very end, but I still had him just outside my top 30.

Have you talked to a Jazz front office person? We need the best buy scoop.

Have you talked to a Jazz front office person? We need the best buy scoop.

No... best I did was talking directly with Georges and telling him I was the president of the Jazz fans for Georges Niang movement.

None of them were sitting in the stands because it's gotten a little too big... the small gym was jam packed. I got us situated 2 rows behind DM for the first game, but waited 45 minutes by the door to make sure I could get good seats. None of the player personnel were sitting in the stands and I'm not taking my non-sense to DL... he was the most accessible.

I talked very loudly about my love for Niang and his game doe! I'm sure some Jazz FO types heard.

I will say seeing Tony Bradley in person he looks like he's in much better shape... on TV it didn't look much different, but he looks good in person.

A lot of people underrated Aaron Holiday, myself included. I came around to him at the very end, but I still had him just outside my top 30.

He was so impressive in person... in that **** show of disorganized basketball he was running things and you can tell he has a lot of polish. Him and Simons were the guys I think I was most surprised by. Thought Simons would get bullied and he was competing hard like he belongs. Completely held his own.

No... best I did was talking directly with Georges and telling him I was the president of the Jazz fans for Georges Niang movement.

None of them were sitting in the stands because it's gotten a little too big... the small gym was jam packed. I got us situated 2 rows behind DM for the first game, but waited 45 minutes by the door to make sure I could get good seats. None of the player personnel were sitting in the stands and I'm not taking my non-sense to DL... he was the most accessible.

I talked very loudly about my love for Niang and his game doe! I'm sure some Jazz FO types heard.

I will say seeing Tony Bradley in person he looks like he's in much better shape... on TV it didn't look much different, but he looks good in person.
So you lied to Georges? You didnt even start a thread on him making the team.