What's new

NCAA messes up 3pt line for NCAAW tourney

This feels like a pretty big deal that nobody is talking about:

The 3-point lines appear to have been noticeably different for all six regional games.
No one is talking about it because no one cares about women’s sports unless it’s a Fox News story exploiting trans kids. Give bored people a group to hate (Muslims, kneeling athlete, trans kids, etc) and any sport or event might prove to be exciting for a few mins. How many people actually know the national anthem or care that it’s played before a game? In most arenas and stadiums, people continue to order their food and beer during it. But suddenly an athlete takes a knee during it and the world goes wild.

Yeah, this is a big deal. ****ing up the 3 point lines really sucks. I guess they can’t replay those games but of course those jacked up 3 point lines affected the tournament.

No one is talking about it because no one cares about women’s sports unless it’s a Fox News story exploiting trans kids. Give bored people a group to hate (Muslims, kneeling athlete, trans kids, etc) and any sport or event might prove to be exciting for a few mins. How many people actually know the national anthem or care that it’s played before a game? In most arenas and stadiums, people continue to order their food and beer during it. But suddenly an athlete takes a knee during it and the world goes wild.

Yeah, this is a big deal. ****ing up the 3 point lines really sucks. I guess they can’t replay those games but of course those jacked up 3 point lines affected the tournament.
Except that the Women's viewership numbers have been massive.

This feels like a pretty big deal that nobody is talking about:

The 3-point lines appear to have been noticeably different for all six regional games.
Its not that big of a deal because both teams will end up playing an equal amount of time on both sides of the court unless there is an overtime.

Its not that big of a deal because both teams will end up playing an equal amount of time on both sides of the court unless there is an overtime.
It would effect 3pt shooting teams disproportionately vs teams that play inside the 3pt line.

I'm guessing somebody will go back and look at 3pt percentages on both sides of the court. I think it could make a huge difference, but maybe it is more negligible.

I do think if this was in the men's sport it would be a more talked about story.