What's new

Need George Hill to step up

phippsj

A lot of talk about Favors and Hayward, but there's another player on this team looking for a max contract. George Hill needs to step up his game even more. CP will never be stopped, but right now it feels like he can go anywhere, do anything, and is not being slowed or disrupted. CP does seem to be disrupting Hill quite a bit. We are getting into our sets late, CP is way more physical on George which seems to be bothering him more than Hills length is bothering CP.

CP will get his stats, but he needs to work really hard for every one of them.

Right now, I don't think Hill is showing enough to get any team to offer a max contract.

A lot of talk about Favors and Hayward, but there's another player on this team looking for a max contract. George Hill needs to step up his game even more. CP will never be stopped, but right now it feels like he can go anywhere, do anything, and is not being slowed or disrupted. CP does seem to be disrupting Hill quite a bit. We are getting into our sets late, CP is way more physical on George which seems to be bothering him more than Hills length is bothering CP.

CP will get his stats, but he needs to work really hard for every one of them.

Right now, I don't think Hill is showing enough to get any team to offer a max contract.

I think Hill and Hood need to step it up. We're also going to need a breakout game from Ingles or Mack (whose proven he can take control at times when the second-unit offense is stagnant)as well. Fact is, we've played LA tough the first two games. Hopefully the missing ingredient is a home crowd and we can somehow get at least now game in SLC before a possible Rudy return in Game 5/6.

Hayward needs to step up on offense and defense. Hayward is one of our best defenders, but he has to keep up focus and intensity. He has had a few defensive missteps in this series, mostly from losing focus (letting his man get a back cut more than once, etc.)

Favors needs to keep Jordan out of the paint, and Hill needs to step up the defensive pressure.

CP3 is a great defender. Really Hood has the most opportunity to provide additional offense for us. His mid range game can be great and with deandre sitting back in the paint we aren't getting much going towards the rim.

Gobert not setting picks right now is big frickin deal. He is extremely valuable there. Not sure why Favs never got as good at it but a good pick would do wonders for us right now.

They need to adjust with the way Hayward curls off the screen. With the way LAC is defending it Hayward's curling right into DAJ. That's gotta change if we want more offense from Hayward. Also, put Luc on his *** with a couple screens. Maybe then he'll be a little more reluctant to fight through them and give LA less time to recover on the pick. Locke is a Debbie downer about the Jazz' chances but I don't think it's as tall a task as he makes it out to be.

They need to adjust with the way Hayward curls off the screen. With the way LAC is defending it Hayward's curling right into DAJ. That's gotta change if we want more offense from Hayward. Also, put Luc on his *** with a couple screens. Maybe then he'll be a little more reluctant to fight through them and give LA less time to recover on the pick. Locke is a Debbie downer about the Jazz' chances but I don't think it's as tall a task as he makes it out to be.

Burks has been ruled out for tonight.

he was perfecting his signature crash to the hardwood layup I bet

Think he said we'd be a 7 seed too. I think we split these games unless we win tonight and Gobert comes back.

They were the favorite before the Gobert injury... pretty tall task to beat them but we fight like hell so who knows:

I think we split these games unless we win tonight and Gobert comes back.

Yeah, see, I can't find the homerism/optimism to think we can beat them both games at home given the Gobert situation and the question marks surrounding Favors and Withey (health and mental ****). So, essentially, my most optimistic side thinks we are giving home-court advantage back to LA. If we had bolstered the roster, then I might feel otherwise. Le sigh.

Yeah, see, I can't find the homerism/optimism to think we can beat them both games at home given the Gobert situation and the question marks surrounding Favors and Withey (health and mental ****). So, essentially, my most optimistic side thinks we are giving home-court advantage back to LA. If we had bolstered the roster, then I might feel otherwise. Le sigh.

Burks had a stem cell injection into his knee to help it heal and that's the reason. That lad has a body make of fragile glass.

The Jazz were 6 minutes away from taking BOTH games in LA. Wtf is with this **** from you guys? Are you impersonating Shad? My hell...

The Jazz were 6 minutes away from taking BOTH games in LA. Wtf is with this **** from you guys? Are you impersonating Shad? My hell...

And 1 bounce away from loosing both.

We see it being a cat fight, and we need to figure out how to win by 10. CP is the heart of that team, if we can make his life as bad as they are making Haywards, I like our chances to win 3 more.

Burks had a stem cell injection into his knee to help it heal and that's the reason. That lad has a body make of fragile glass.

That lad crashed to the floor at a higher rate than anybody and then ran into a medical staff that's been totally vexed on how to deal with his injuries.