What's new

Need to think like a DB!

udflyer

We need to start thinking like a DB in football who just got torched. Forget about it!

Team needs to adopt the same attitude and quit moping and whining, Play and play hard!

We are 27-18. No matter how we got to this record, most of us would have taken it at this point. We can still easily finish as the 3rd seed which is what we want.

Dwill - Tremendous talent. Poor leader. Arguably this is the 1st year he is our sole leader and he needs to lead by POSITIVE example. It is when times are tough that leaders come thru....ANYONE can be a leader when it is going well.
I think he can turn it around(leadership skills). Se a shrink (maybe uses Artests :) ) and get it going. Leadership is a skill like bball skills. His bbal skills are 9.5/10. His leadership skills are 2/10. No biggie, work on it ! Think Peyton Manning. Always put on a face. You represent the organization. Behind close doors you can have at the team.
This junk that "I do not want to be the bad guy" = I do not want to lead unless we are winning...wus.

The Rookies - I like both Hayward and Evans. I would like to see Evans get some quality minutes instead of garbage time dunks...though they are fun to watch. Lets develop him before someone else does. Same for Hayward. Replace Bell with Hayward now so by the time playoffs come we have deeper options. Plus, I want to see what Hayward brings before the lockout/next contract. (i.e., do we renew)

Team Shrink - who knows, maybe they all need one. All I know is that if I was paid millions to play bball I would be busting my a$$ every nite!

My biggest disappointment is the lack of heart, effort...where are the Hard fouls ?
Someone needs to teach Hayward and a few others that is OK to put someone on the ground. Hayward is actually very physical on screens, not so much right at the hoop. Seems afraid to foul.

BOTTOM LINE - GET OVER IT, CAN"T CHANGE THE LAST WEEK.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO WIN THE WEST THIS YEAR. NEED SOME ATTITUDE & HEART!

Go Jazz!

Agree with most of what you said. Maybe even watch tape of one of our best games or something inspirational like the Miami game. i think about the only guy who fouls hard is not playing now (Fes). Could have used him in the Lakers game (seems like he gets sick at the worst times!) Dont think there is much doubt we will pick up Haywards option. Believe Evans would be a restricted free agent so ironically the more he plays the more likely somebody would offer him big bucks. If we did not have our wing players injured at the beginning of last year matthews might not have played as much and consequently not gotten such a big offer.