What's new

Nemanja Bjelica?

Joncolton

Kings Looking To Build Around De'Aaron Fox, Likely To Explore Nemanja Bjelica Trades
JAN 23, 2021 4:46 PM

Fox_DeAaron_sac_171108.jpg

The Sacramento Kings have benched Nemanja Bjelica as they look to build around De'Aaron Fox, sources told Jason Anderson of The Sacramento Bee.
Bjelica has not played in the last six games after discussions surrounding his playing time.
The team has cited personal issues for his absence, though sources around Bjelica say he has no issues.
The Kings explored trading Bjelica around the draft, looking to add players who fit Fox's timeline.
The Sacramento Bee adds that the team is likely to continue to explore trades for Bjelica.

Kings Looking To Build Around De'Aaron Fox, Likely To Explore Nemanja Bjelica Trades
JAN 23, 2021 4:46 PM

Fox_DeAaron_sac_171108.jpg

The Sacramento Kings have benched Nemanja Bjelica as they look to build around De'Aaron Fox, sources told Jason Anderson of The Sacramento Bee.
Bjelica has not played in the last six games after discussions surrounding his playing time.
The team has cited personal issues for his absence, though sources around Bjelica say he has no issues.
The Kings explored trading Bjelica around the draft, looking to add players who fit Fox's timeline.
The Sacramento Bee adds that the team is likely to continue to explore trades for Bjelica.
I’m the biggest Niang supporter here, and I’ll be the first to say BJ for Niang all day!!

Think he is a perfect Jazz Man. A true stretch 4 with legit PF size, which seems to be the missing piece on the roster. Not sure Jazz have assets or cap room to make deal though.

I don’t see a scenario where FO puts him above Niang.

Missed the window on getting him back in 2018. Now it's kinda too late unless he's willing to take a significant pay cut this summer

If we could get b-jelly for the min as a 10th man to use when matchups dictate that'd be a no-brainer.

He makes 7 million. Who are the Jazz trading to get him? They certainly arent giving up assets (because they really dont have many 2nd rounders left, which is the type of asset Bjelica is probably worth) and they don't have the matching salary because they certainly arent taking back more in LT payments to acquire Bjelica.

I also dont think he's that much of an upgrade over NIang. He's having a terrible year and he's worse at perimeter D than Niang. He does have size though, so he can contribute more to rebounding. Utah is currently #1 in team rebounding percentage though, so it's not really a thing the Jazz should be worried about.

So like I said in the last post, 0% chance of happening. The Jazz can't afford it with assets or $$$ cost and it's not a move that helps the team in any significant way, even if Bjelica comes over and plays like he did last year.

He makes 7 million. Who are the Jazz trading to get him? They certainly arent giving up assets (because they really dont have many 2nd rounders left, which is the type of asset Bjelica is probably worth) and they don't have the matching salary because they certainly arent taking back more in LT payments to acquire Bjelica.
Basically all of this for a guy to do Niangs role maybe better?

Ive always liked his game but I’ll bet someone gives them something okayish for him.