What's new

Nemanja bjelica

Archie Moses

Please, Jazz, draft this guy in the second round. He has second round gem written all over him.
What's not to love about him? He's got a smooth stroke, unreal handles, size, and from his youtube videos, plays balls out. I really hope the Jazz draft him with their second round pic. Hopefully he'll turn out to be like Ersan Ilyasova. Here's an updated video of him.

You're welcome, KOC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkhezjHklDk

https://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=SRB&PlayerID=103722

1267051371.jpg

7287705_b-140217-1-2.jpg

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I had a thread about him in the old forum called, "Jazz should draft the 6'10 Ricky Rubio" or something like that.

Bjelica will be long gone by Jazz #55 pick. Even projected as a first rounder in some mocks.

Bjelica will be long gone by Jazz #55 pick. Even projected as a first rounder in some mocks.

Which mocks are you looking at? In every mock I've seen, he's gone in late second. With that being said, a lot of guys projected to be first rounders drop, drop, and drop.

I can hear the chants now. Ne-man-ja, Ne-man-ja!

Last game played on May 29th, Ne-man-ja put up 18 points, 3 boards, 4 dimes, and 2 thefts.

3 boards for a 6-10 player and 4 dimes for a point forward is not terribly impressive.

At #55, he would be an amazing pick for the Jazz, but anywhere 40 and earlier would suck. He's too unathletic to guard 3s and isn't a good shooter (so he's not a 3), and he's far too weak to be a 4. Far too weak. He looks to me to just not be an NBA player, but at #55 as a draft-and-stash, it's certainly worth the investment to sit and hope he becomes a more fundamentally sound player and more skilled in general (specifically to see if he can add some needed strength and improve his 3-point shooting).

Last game played on the June first stats: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 dimes. I'm salivating out of the mouth.

Slam magazine has him as the 10th small forward prospect in the draft, even though he doenst play SF, but probably could.

https://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/05/top-5-small-forward-prospects-vol-2/

For proof of the depth of the NBA Draft small forward class, look no further than the names on the “Next in line” portion at the bottom of this article. A few surprise underclassmen declarations for this year’s proceedings have really deepened the small forward pool. And with four of the top six onAl-Farouq Aminuthis list sophomores in college, there is plenty of that precious draft commodity known as “upside.”

1) (Previous Ranking — 2) Al-Farouq Aminu | Wake Forest | Sophomore
The player with the most “upside” and potential on this list has to be Al-Farouq Aminu due to his size (6-8, 7-2 wingspan) and athleticism. Aminu, however, is more than just potential — he should be ready to step in and play minutes at either forward spot in the NBA next season. And with him reportedly working hard on his ball handling and shooting, he has the potential to be a star player. Look for him to go in the top five in this year’s draft.

2) (1) Wesley Johnson | Syracuse | Junior
Wesley Johnson is another small forward sniffing around the top five range in the draft. But he is three years older than Aminu and doesn’t have the same physical gifts, so he falls to slot two on this list. Johnson should be a real nice NBA player, with the ability to contribute at both ends of the court.

3) (7) Damion James | Texas | Senior
Damion James’ draft stock rose and fell more than the tide over the course of his collegiate career. At this point he looks like a mid-to-late first round pick, as he brings a solid build and great athleticism to the NBA. He seems to be without a real natural position in the NBA, however, having spent most of his time at Texas playing power forward despite being only 6-7.

4) (6) Gordon Hayward | Butler | Sophomore
Gordon Hayward was always considered a future NBA first round pick (he’s now projected in the mid-to-late first round range), even before Butler’s miracle run tPaul Georgehrough this year’s NCAA Tournament. A smart, big (6-8) small forward prospect, Hayward probably won’t be a NBA star but he should have a long career.

5) (10) Paul George | Fresno State | Sophomore
Paul George is another sophomore swingman oozing with potential but, due to playing at Fresno State, George didn’t gain the level of exposure that the other guys on this list did. A 6-7 athletic freak, George can really put points on the board, hit the glass and knock down his free throws (91 percent shooter). But he tends to fall in love with the three-point shot (5.8 per game) and turns the ball over. With his potential, he’ll probably also fall in the mid-to-late first round area.

Next in line: Luke Babbitt, Nevada; Stanley Robinson, UConn; Devin Ebanks, West Virginia; Quincy Pondexter, Washington; Nemanja Bjelica, Serbia.

https://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/06/01/nba-draft-2010-five-pressing-questions/

1. Will any international players (with no college experience) be taken in the lottery?
Three went in the lottery in ‘06 (Bargnani 1st, Sene 10th, Sefolosha 13th), but things have slowed down considerably in recent years. The last time no international player was taken in the lottery was 2000 (Hedo Turkoglu went 16th).

Among the contenders this year:
Donatas Motiejunas PF/C Benetton Treviso. 7-footer who at his best would be like Bargnani or Gallinari – a soft Euro who floats to the perimeter and makes jumpers but can’t defend anyone or rebound against physical PFs. Consensus is that he’s a 1st rounder with a shot at sneaking into the lottery.
Kevin Seraphin PF/C Cholet. More of a power player than Motiejunas, but he’s only been playing since he was 15 and the Frenchman is raw. Seems like a 1st round pick for a team that won’t need to rush him. At this stage, think Ronny Turiaf.
Nemanja Bjelica, SF Serbia. Versatile enough to play 1-4. Just turned 22. As of today, he’s an major, major longshot to go in the lottery.

Next year, one mock draft has three international players going in the lottery.

I think I just fell out of love with this guy. Kurt Rambis just went on a scouting trip to watch him play. He must suck.

According to Eurohopes, Nemanja Bjelica has alredy signed for Regal Barcelona ( Euroleague champions ). The young rising star from Crvena Zvezda was also targeted by Benetton Treviso.

Regal Barcelona hasn't decide if he will stay in Red Star loaned or not.

Bjelica in the season 2009/10 averaged 8.8ppg and 4.3rpg in Adriatic League; 18.7ppg and 7.2rpg in Serbia and 8.5ppg and 5.8rpg in Eurocup

What were his assist and turnover numbers?

Also, whether he signs to another team before being drafted or not isn't particularly relevant as the Jazz don't especially need him right now, he's nowhere near ready for the NBA, and he's quite young. He's 100% a draft-and-stash project but at #55 a good risk to take.

He can't be any worse than Fess or Kosta, right? Might as well roll the dice. Perhaps he becomes a real good post player. Or maybe he turns into a good wing.

I do hope that someday we get Tomic over to play for us. I think he could be a lot like Pau Gasol.

not for nothing, but nbadraft.net and realgm tend to always overrate international prospects. although in general, teams seem more willing to reach on an international guy in the 2nd round than the late first.

that said, draftexpress has him at 57. ford doesn't mock the 2nd round this early but has him at #68 in his top 100. other mocks i found had no mention of bjelica, but they were only 30-pick mocks.