What's new

Nets @ Jazz (7PM MST)

I think we win. Most exciting part is to see who plays well and what facet of the game we improve on tonight.
So much to be excited about with this team!

Probably the biggest game of the year. This is a must win to stay in the top 5 of the power rankings.

Bolers 5 keys to getting a W:
- Rebound
- Score
- Defend
- Execute
- Niang

usa-today-8412710.0.jpg

How does executing Niang help anyone?

Let's have a team play at 8:30 then make them travel then play again 22.5 hours later!

That really irritates me. I think our other back-to-back was the same way (first game at 8:30 then travel to second game). Terrible scheduling.

Little bit concerned about this one. Second night of a back to back, the Nets can shoot/score/rebound. They match up pretty well. We're going to have effort and execution on both ends.

Hoping the hunchback of Musa will get off the bench during this game.

What ever happened to Kurucs domestic abuse case?

Niang gonna go off tonight.

Go off? His play has looked mouldy I do agree. We should check his expiry date before consumption.

We have too many offensive weapons for the Nets. This is a win.

PS. Some great Niang jokes in this thread.

Nets play fast and score a lot of points, but they give up alot of points.

Nets rank 4th in pace at 106.3, they rank 3rd in scoring at nearly 120ppg, but give up 122 ppg. Their offensive rating is 6th at 110.1 and defensive rating is 25th at 111.9.

Jazz rank 26th in pace at 98.1, 28th in scoring at 103.1 ppg, but only give up 98.1 ppg. The Jazz offensive rating is 23 at 104.1 but defensive rating is 2nd at 99.0

Kyrie is averaging 30 ppg, taking 22 fga per (6th in usage rate). He hasn't played in Utah since January 2017. He is 1-5 in Utah, and 2-5 against Coach Quin.

When Brooklyn played Indy Pacers (3rd ranked defense) they lost by 10. Brooklyn is on the 3rd game of their road trip having beat Portland and losing on Sunday to Phoenix by 26 points. Two of their 5 losses came by just 1 point.

The contrasting styles plus Kyrie's potential to go off makes this game interesting.

Jazz had high interest in Caris LeVert during his draft. I have followed him since, he is averaging nearly 17ppg.

Other players with Jazz ties:

Taureen Prince was the Jazz first round pick that was wasted, er uh I mean spent on George Hill. He is starting and averaging 31 minutes, 13ppg and 6 rebounds shooting 42% from 3pt for 3.5 million per year.

Deron Williams will make 5.47 million from the Nets this season.