What's new

Neud pix of LeBron!!!!!!!!

Sloanfeld

Banned
25e8969f.jpg

d521b4cf.jpg

^This one kills me.

Michael Jordan talked about the decision made by LeBron James to sign with the Heat, joining Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry (Bird), called up Magic (Johnson) and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said on Sunday. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

https://basketball.realgm.com/src_w...ld_have_never_wanted_to_play_with_magic_bird/

Jordan said on Sunday. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."
Code for: I can't believe these guys... what ****ies!

People calling out Lebron for wanting to play with 2 of the other premiere players in the game is the most ludicrous thing I have ever seen. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to join forces with Wade and Bosh? Cleveland had 7 years to get a 2nd star player next to Lebron and couldn't do it. Lebron didn't want to be the next Stockton or Malone and I don't blame him.

Doesn't it sort of devalue the process of getting a ring when you are playing 2nd fiddle instead of being the man?

Who fantasizes about watching his teammate take the last shot in the big game? Now I can't say much for Bosh... but Lebron had a chance to do just that... many times. Lebron will never have the opportunity to be known as "the man" again, and thus, might not have the opportunity to be discussed in the same conversation with guys like Jordan, Magic, and Bird. Sure, he MIGHT win more titles with the Heat than the Cavs (I don't think the Heat are better than last years Cavs) but when you're that good, don't you want that place in history?