What's new

* NEW * 2019 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

I'll do it.

I'm going to randomize the seeds alphabetically by last name of each person's 3rd pick. I'll work that out and post the matchups in a little bit. NOT redrawing after each round, just standard brackets. By 3rd pick, I am just going to go down the list on the front page, and the 3rd person who you have on your team is who I'm doing it by.

Writeups will be due Monday, 7/29/18, by, say, 20:00 Mountain time.That gives everyone 24 hours. I will post them some time tomorrow night, and leave them up for voting for 72 hours. Ties will be broken first by only counting the votes of the participants, then by an arcane measurement which I'll devise if I have to. Possibly involving chickens.

Any problems with this?

OK, the seeds are (and I'm including the player who I used for the alphabetirandomizing):

1 @Thee jazz fan - Carter, Vince
2 @tfivas - Drexler, Clyde
3 @White Chocolate - Ewing, Patrick
4 @NPC D4617 - George, Paul
5 @LogGrad98 - Gobert, Rudy
6 @Rgiss - Green, Draymond
7 @gandalfe - Harden, James
8 @LoPo - Havlicek, John
9 @UB - Kidd, Jason
10 @elan_prodigy - McGrady, Tracy
11 @Wes Mantooth - Miller, Reggie
12 @spycam1 - Mourning, Alonzo
13 @ONE LOVE - Payton, Gary
14 @addictionary - Walton, Bill
15 @Hornacekamania - West, Jerry
16 @Ellis269 - Worthy, James

Reactions: UB
Which makes the first round:

1 - Thee Jazz Fan vs Ellis269
2 - tfivas vs Hornacekamania
3 - White Chocolate vs addictionary
4 - NPC D4617 vs One Love
5 - LogGrad98 vs Spycam1
6 - rgiss vs Wes Mantooth
7 - Gandalfe vs Elan_Prodigy
8 - LoPo vs UB

Now, who was it that did the simulations last year? I can do them if you'll just send me the site, if you want.

If we're using this site for simulation that Gandalf posted, we need to establish some ground rules.

It appears you need to select 12 players per team in order to save a team and thus create matchups. Who will be the 2 additional players that get added to each of our rosters (since we only drafted 10 here)? If there's a way to save a team with only 10 players, then this commentary is irrelevant.

In addition, are we simulating only one time for each matchup? If this is meant to be an accurate guess of theorized matchups, repeated simulations will give a better chance that the results of the simulation are not due to error. Therefore, I submit each matchup be simulated 3 times, with the winner taking best of 3 matchups.