What's new

New Addition to the FO?

If I remember correctly, KOC has a contract that was set to expire sometime in August 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if all these moves were done to provide a seemless transition from the KOC era to the Lindsey era. Let's see if I'm right.

If I remember correctly, KOC has a contract that was set to expire sometime in August 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if all these moves were done to provide a seemless transition from the KOC era to the Lindsey era. Let's see if I'm right.

Was thinking the same.

@DraftExpress: Great hire for Utah in Justin Zanik. One of the smartest agents in the business. Will be a great asset for them w/the cap/contracts and more

This great news. Things are looking up lately.

I heard this guys has wicked conversational skills

Why is this interesting? For one thing, We're going to be negotiating a bunch of pretty important contracts in the next couple years, and with this hire we'll have someone well versed in how to go about it. NBA twitter has said nothing but great things about the guys since the story was broken. He's also the cap expert for the Agency he works for.

Great hire.

Maybe it will help facilitate a trade for Omer Asik's balloon payment expiring contract next season for one of the GSW picks or Andre Miller sometime this season?

Good hire it seems. Guy is probably a financial numbers wizard and will help us make sense of what to do with these expiring contracts we have as trade assets.

Sounds like a solid hire.
Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody
Per his agency's website, Justin Zanik was "an integral part of ASM’s contract and statistical analysis during preparation for Free Agency."

Also, looking at Zanik's list of players he represents, he is probably well versed in international prospects.

I'm assuming that he has to quit being an agent? Conflict of interests and such?