What's new

New Arena in Draper? (Old State Prison Site)

David Stern

View: https://twitter.com/JacobCHatch/status/1642004956340432896?cxt=HHwWgMDR4duzycktAAAA

View: https://twitter.com/JacobCHatch/status/1642007470125252610?cxt=HHwWhIDU9YTGysktAAAA

View: https://twitter.com/kslsports/status/1641941887362945025

I selfishly would be cool with this as someone who lives in the south valley, and it makes some sense considering how old our current arena is…. But didn’t we just renovate the Delta Center? Moving from the house that Larry built just doesn’t feel right

I’m not sure how it works but wouldn’t it make more sense to just remodel the Delta Center a little to be more accommodating for hockey games?

Awesome... I hope this is true though I preferred a baseball team. I think hockey could become huge in Utah.

I’m not sure how it works but wouldn’t it make more sense to just remodel the Delta Center a little to be more accommodating for hockey games?
It’s not set up well for that unfortunately

Id personally prefer that we just have an arena for each pro team. SLC is going to fight hard to make sure the Jazz don’t leave

I’m surprised this isn’t more of a hotter topic in here than it currently is.

I was extremely Pro-Ryan Smith when he purchased the Jazz, but I’m now at the point where I miss the Miller’s.

Our uniforms are a laughingstock and the idea of moving the Jazz out of SLC is blasphemous. I live in Weber County and even though it now costs an arm and a leg to take your family to a Jazz game, me and the family still make it a point to attend around 10 games per season. Ryan Smith and the Utah Jazz will be just fine without my money, but I won’t attend a single game if they make this move. This franchise is slowly losing all of the history that they worked so hard to build here.

I’m surprised this isn’t more of a hotter topic in here than it currently is.

I was extremely Pro-Ryan Smith when he purchased the Jazz, but I’m now at the point where I miss the Miller’s.

Our uniforms are a laughingstock and the idea of moving the Jazz out of SLC is blasphemous. I live in Weber County and even though it now costs an arm and a leg to take your family to a Jazz game, me and the family still make it a point to attend around 10 games per season. Ryan Smith and the Utah Jazz will be just fine without my money, but I won’t attend a single game if they make this move. This franchise is slowly losing all of the history that they worked so hard to build here.
Salt lake city, salt lake valley. Whatevs. Same thing to me.

Salt lake city, salt lake valley. Whatevs. Same thing to me.
I’m sure most Jazz fans will feel that way considering a large segment live close to that area already.

Living up north, it’s gonna pretty much double the distance I have to go to attend a Jazz game. I think that will affect a lot of the Weber and Davis county Jazz fans especially when the game is on a work/school night. I’m sure Ryan Smith couldn’t give a rats *** either. It puts the team closer to his beloved Utah county where the population happens to be exploding. I’m sure it won’t hurt attendance one bit.

It’s just gonna be a sad fact of life that fans in my position will have to live with .

I’m sure most Jazz fans will feel that way considering a large segment live close to that area already.

Living up north, it’s gonna pretty much double the distance I have to go to attend a Jazz game. I think that will affect a lot of the Weber and Davis county Jazz fans especially when the game is on a work/school night. I’m sure Ryan Smith couldn’t give a rats *** either. It puts the team closer to his beloved Utah county where the population happens to be exploding. I’m sure it won’t hurt attendance one bit.

It’s just gonna be a sad fact of life that fans in my position will have to live with .
Those who live in slc still live close to draper silly. As for weber and davis county being farther away now american fork, provo, spanish fork, payson etc are closer.

Its just not a far enough away distance to make much of a difference lol. Like for myself (living in kearns) it would be a little closer but wouldn't change the frequency of me attending games. SLC isn't far away from kearns just like draper isn't. Its all in the salt lake valley. Its all close to me. Could be holiday, west valley, draper, whatever. All locations in the salt lake valley are close to all other locations in the salt lake valley.

It is interesting that right now the arena hold over 18k people and is usually sold out. It would be interesting if a new arena would seat upto 25k? That would make it the biggest arena in the NBA by 5k. The jazz would probably still pack it.

Those who live in slc still live close to draper silly. As for weber and davis county being farther away now american fork, provo, spanish fork, payson etc are closer.

Its just not a far enough away distance to make much of a difference lol. Like for myself (living in kearns) it would be a little closer but wouldn't change the frequency of me attending games. SLC isn't far away from kearns just like draper isn't. Its all in the salt lake valley. Its all close to me. Could be holiday, west valley, draper, whatever. All locations in the salt lake valley are close to all other locations in the salt lake valley.
I’m not sure if we’re misunderstanding each other but I pretty much agree with you. Everybody that lives in SLC and Utah County are probably happy as hell to see a new arena at the point of the mountain. It pretty much doesn’t change anything for these people.

But if they make that move, now it doubles the amount of travel for somebody like me, and I’m just not going to be willing to do that for the games that are being played Monday thru Friday. Again, I’m sure nobody- especially Ryan Smith cares in the least bit. He’ll pick up more attendance from Jazz fans living in Utah county and won’t miss the people from up north at all.

I’m not sure if we’re misunderstanding each other but I pretty much agree with you. Everybody that lives in SLC and Utah County are probably happy as hell to see a new arena at the point of the mountain. It pretty much doesn’t change anything for these people.

But if they make that move, now it doubles the amount of travel for somebody like me, and I’m just not going to be willing to do that for the games that are being played Monday thru Friday. Again, I’m sure nobody- especially Ryan Smith cares in the least bit. He’ll pick up more attendance from Jazz fans living in Utah county and won’t miss the people from up north at all.
Oh I thought you lived in SLC. Im guessing you live in ogden or something? that would make sense then.

Oh I thought you lived in SLC. Im guessing you live in ogden or something? that would make sense then.
Yup, I live in a town called Uintah. It’s up on the side of the mountain just north of the mouth of Weber Canyon. Right now, it’s super easy to hit Hwy 89 and get to Vivint in 25 minutes if traffic is light. Now that I think about it, the Jazz moving to the point of the mountain would be more than double my commute back and forth.

I think Ryan Smith has a clear vision for the Jazz as well as a new professional franchise coming to town and I just don’t think Weber and Davis county have enough numbers to justify Ryan keeping us in mind while making future moves. It bums me out because I just see myself drifting away from the Jazz due to those decisions but there’s not much that can be done about it.