What's new

New Cell Phone

RandyForRubio

i currently have the iPhone SE...so obviously I’m a little outdated, which doesn’t bother me. I like the iPhones, but I’m not opposed to androids either. I’d really like some advice on what people have, and like for phones.

I really don’t want to shell out the money for like the iPhoneX, galaxy9, etc etc....

So based on the little research I’ve done, I’m interested in the Google Pixel 2XL ($699), iphone8, Galaxy S8...are there others I should look at? Anybody have those? Thoughts on switching from iPhone to android? Fwiw, I don’t do a lot other than picture taking and browsing the web. I do not need or want an unlocked phone, I’m on Verizon and want to keep it simple.

Thanks guys and gals.

I just bought a Motorola Z3 from Verizon a couple of weeks ago. It was half the price of the Samsung. I really like it so far, but then I'm not a very critical audience (not a technogeek by any means).

Love my Samsung S8 Active. Will be upgrading it to the newest version in a few months. Far superior to the IPhone in my opinion and I had both at the same time, one for work and one for personal.

Sound like either would be fine for you. I had iPhone for a long time before Note8. I hated it at first and still dont like little things. My wife just fixed my iPhone and I dont like things about it now.

I have the iPhone 6s+ and love it. It’s got a pretty big screen and sound quality is pretty good. Plus I don’t need the adapters that the newest iPhones do.

Moto g5 was my fav phone I've ever had. It's a better phone than my galaxy s9. I'd buy the moto g6 if I were going to get a new phone.

I have the iPhone 6s+ and love it. It’s got a pretty big screen and sound quality is pretty good. Plus I don’t need the adapters that the newest iPhones do.

Oh my wife has that and it’s been an awful phone for her. Weird.

i currently have the iPhone SE...so obviously I’m a little outdated, which doesn’t bother me. I like the iPhones, but I’m not opposed to androids either. I’d really like some advice on what people have, and like for phones.

I really don’t want to shell out the money for like the iPhoneX, galaxy9, etc etc....

So based on the little research I’ve done, I’m interested in the Google Pixel 2XL ($699), iphone8, Galaxy S8...are there others I should look at? Anybody have those? Thoughts on switching from iPhone to android? Fwiw, I don’t do a lot other than picture taking and browsing the web. I do not need or want an unlocked phone, I’m on Verizon and want to keep it simple.

Thanks guys and gals.
Your asking me? I barely operate my own iPhone 7S. I tried android and returned it because it was so frustratingly complicated. iPhone seems a little more easier to use. Lol

Love my Samsung S8 Active. Will be upgrading it to the newest version in a few months. Far superior to the IPhone in my opinion and I had both at the same time, one for work and one for personal.

I heard that they wont be making an active for the future samsungs.
(I have the S5 active)

Have you seen anybody with the 2 XL? It’s only $50 more on the google store right now, so I was curious how they compare.

Thanks Ron!
I haven't seen anyone with it. It had some bad reviews and some glitch problem when I got my pixel 2 so I didn't want to spend the extra. But those things probably got fixed by now.

I heard that they wont be making an active for the future samsungs.
(I have the S5 active)

Either way, I love my S series phones in comparison to the iPhone equivalent. They just seem way more polished and easy to use to me whereas the iPhone just seems like its clunky and you're basically just paying for the logo.

why waste money on a phone. buy a 100 dollar phone. and invest the difference in the stock market. if you do that you might have an a couple 100.000 extra when retirement starts!

imagine people paying 1000 dollars for a phone every 2-3 years. and i get a phone till it's broken for about 100 bucks. every 2 years so the money i save what do i do with it! look at that for 4 decades. with compound interest and such!

why waste money on a phone. buy a 100 dollar phone. and invest the difference in the stock market. if you do that you might have an a couple 100.000 extra when retirement starts!

imagine people paying 1000 dollars for a phone every 2-3 years. and i get a phone till it's broken for about 100 bucks. every 2 years so the money i save what do i do with it! look at that for 4 decades. with compound interest and such!
I'll take having a decent phone now over money later when I'm old. Unless you can't afford a phone or something else and save for retirement you shouldn't give up too much for the future. Enjoy the now!

I'll take having a decent phone now over money later when I'm old. Unless you can't afford a phone or something else and save for retirement you shouldn't give up too much for the future. Enjoy the now!
well the j5 is pretty awesome spend about 120 bucks for it.

but that is well and fine, but here is where my problem comes in. i am sacrificing having a "decent" phone(i think j5 is decent, you do not). so i am sacrificing something so i have more money later, and can leave more money for my kids.
so when at that age when i have more money because of sacrifices others did not make. they will get jealous and i have to pay taxes and **** so those people get to have money i saved up through sacrifices! lolz!

having said that if they ever bring out prohject linda. i'm buying that phone/laptop i will give out the 1000 bucks for this