What's new

New Jersey Now Projected to Take Wesley Johnson Third

richgates

Given that David Kahn of the Timberwolves was unimpressed with Favors workout and that Cousins refused to work out in Minnesota. What do you think it would take for the Jazz to trade up and nab Favors or Cousins at 4?

By the way my source is Draft Express and ESPN's Chad Ford. Not sure how much stock to put in this development, but here is the Tweet from DraftExpress.

"Wesley Johnson is moving up to 3, New Jersey, on our next mock coming shortly. Told New Jersey will take him and go for a PF in free agency."

EDIT: Maybe package someone with Tomic?

Last edited:
But people on this site are saying Favors is at least a 12 time all star and a first ballot hall of famer. Why would he drop?

Why do people think Tomic is worth anything? Especially moving up in the lottery? Any evidence of what he is worth? At all?

I don't necessarily think Tomic is worth anything. The only reason why I brought his name up is that Rambis seems high on him.

Draft express knows nothing.

And this would definately point to Minnesota moving down if Johnson is gone. I'd guess they'd want to take Aminu at that point, but #4 may be too high for him. If they kept that pick and drafted Aminu, Favors would probably go 5, Cousins 6, and Monroe 7.

I think New Jersey is just angling for some kind trade with Minnesota. They are holding Johnson hostage.

I think New Jersey is just angling for some kind trade with Minnesota. They are holding Johnson hostage.

I love all the games that are played leading up to the draft, it is just as intresting and half as scripted as an NBA game.

What makes it great is that Minnesota's Kahn is a complete amateur, in the words of Ziller, "alienating high draft picks since 2009."

4723689780_94a1c29fc9_o.jpg

Last edited:

Well it's a brilliant move they're pulling. Assuming Amare and Bosh opt out (and they will), there will be 3 premiere PFs on the market (and one of them will likely not go to where they'd ideally want to) and Johnson is the most NBA-ready player below Turner and Wall (and I think he may be even more ready than they are). NJ also has no wings worth a damn at all while they already have Lopez (and Yi) for their bigs. NJ probably will draft Johnson at 3 if they keep their pick, but they would be just as happy or happier to pick up more assets trading down (thus making them an even more formidable FA buyer as they can fill out their roster more cheaply than others with their draft picks).

So NJ takes Johnson and then sign Boozer giving them

PG Devin Harris Keyon Dooling
SG Courtney Lee Chris Douglas-Roberts
SF Wes Johnson Terrence Williams Jarvis Hayes
PF Boozer Yi Jianlian Kris Humphries
C Brook Lopez Tony Battie

Not bad