What's new

New nicknames for Millsap?

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
I think it's hilarious that Deron and the rest refer to him as "Miss Bettye's son." I know we have "Mansap" and that name will always, ummm, stick. But should we consider others?

1. "That Man" - referring to what Harpring said last night?

Or how about something related to what Deron said about his Call of Duty persona: "Everyone thinks they're good, but Paul [Millsap] always runs up from behind people and slices them, so he gets on my nerves."

2. The Executioner?
3. The Dagger?

Last edited:
....what impressed me as much as the 46 points was the outstanding humility Sap showed not only after the game, but more importantly, when he made the tying basket to put us into overtime. He was happy, but did no chest bumping, no high fiving, no yelling or screaming, no ripping the heart out chess movements.....because he recognized the game was not OVER WITH YET! All that celebrating trash talking ego maniac stuff BEFORE the game is won, is virtually worthless.

ESPN's Daily Dime Live was doing the same thing.

The one they really liked was something like, "I'm drinking the Millsap."

....what impressed me as much as the 46 points was the outstanding humility Sap showed not only after the game, but more importantly, when he made the tying basket to put us into overtime. He was happy, but did no chest bumping, no high fiving, no yelling or screaming, no ripping the heart out chess movements.....because he recognized the game was not OVER WITH YET! All that celebrating trash talking ego maniac stuff BEFORE the game is won, is virtually worthless.
Well said. He had a teeny little fist-pump and you could see him saying a few things to himself, but nothing else after that putback. And his interviews were very understated. Maybe I should now change my avatar to him draining a 3 instead of making a dunk!

Explain yourself.
Well, Kobe is the Black Mamba. Deron says Paul likes to sneak up behind behind people in COD and slash them. And hitting a big shot is often referred to as putting a "dagger" in an opponent.

In any case, it looks like Mansap has caught on outside the state of Utah. I just found this on cbs sports. Look about halfway down on top of the video highlights of Paul.

https://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25764679

Millsap can't be tied down to a few mere nicknames. We will forever be finding new ways to define, and name the sap man.