What's new

New Orleans is last in the league at defending the three.

framer

New Orleans is last in the league at defending the three. They give up 15.8 threes a game. The Jazz average 16.2 threes a game. SOmething tells me that average is going to climb just a bit in the next two games.

I'm sure we'll get the looks and hopefully we knock them down. I'm more concerned about BI going off like we've let him the past couple of seasons and if we let Zion get to the rim with a full head of steam Rudy can only do so much to protect it.

They sell out to protect the rim. Their most recent game was their worst paint defense game as well, so I expect them to make it a point of emphasis to really pack it in.

Quin needs to prepare the team for this. Rudy probably isn't going to get a lot of buckets these next two games. They're going to give up the 3 instead.

Before the pelicans last game I saw a stat that said zion had not made a single basket outside of the paint.

Last game iirc he was 13-15 for 31 points.
I'm a bit afraid for the jazz big to get hurt by that beast. Dude just crashes toward the hoop with reckless abandon

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I watched the end of NOP's game against The Kings Sunday night. They are playing a little bit better tho Bledsoe and Redick have been awful.

Imagine we're going to see a bit of Gobert/Favors tonight as Pels usually play Adams/Zion together.

I'd love to see Oni get a chance against Ingram.

Before the pelicans last game I saw a stat that said zion had not made a single basket outside of the paint.

Last game iirc he was 13-15 for 31 points.
I'm a bit afraid for the jazz big to get hurt by that beast. Dude just crashes toward the hoop with reckless abandon

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I'll never forget when his damn shoe blew out. The guy weighs 30+ pounds more than Charles Barkley weighed when he played. I can't imagine Zion's knees holding up over the years and fear he's going to end up on this list: https://houseofheat.co/featured/15-of-the-fattest-nba-players-of-all-time/

If he's playing at a high level at the age of 30 I would be amazed - until then he's an amazing specimen of athleticism and strength and he could probably play defensive end or TE in the NFL.

I hope Udoka gets a shot at guarding him - he's the only one who has the strength to (I'm afraid Zion would knock Favs down and mess up his back).

This may be one of the matchups where I could see Favors playing together with Rudy and 3 shooters to counter Zion with Adams and the length of Ingram.
For sure... I think we can pack the paint with both guys seeing as Zion, Adams, Bledsoe want to be on the rim. Royce might get eaten up by Zion... then Bojan is guarding Ingram... well that ain't it. If they are going to pack the paint we can shoot a bunch of pullup threes. IDK just seems like a tough frontcourt for the current starters to matchup with.

Maybe even start Morgan if Favs can't give you 25-30 minutes. Morgan has the right body type to try and slow down Zion.

For sure... I think we can pack the paint with both guys seeing as Zion, Adams, Bledsoe want to be on the rim. Royce might get eaten up by Zion... then Bojan is guarding Ingram... well that ain't it. If they are going to pack the paint we can shoot a bunch of pullup threes. IDK just seems like a tough frontcourt for the current starters to matchup with.

Maybe even start Morgan if Favs can't give you 25-30 minutes. Morgan has the right body type to try and slow down Zion.

I was thinking about Morgan too but is he already available? He wasn't on the roster recently if I am not mistaken.

I was thinking about Morgan too but is he already available? He wasn't on the roster recently if I am not mistaken.
I think it may have been health and safety protocols... not sure he was with the team on the road trip.

Adams always gives Rudy trouble and I think Zion might too. Ingram always plays good against us too. They are the type of team that isn’t good but matchups well against us.
If we hit our threes we might give them issues but 3 point shooting is less reliable than paint scoring. Zion also gets a tremendous whistle for a young guy. I could see this one being ugly if we aren't out there killing the three.

Is this the gamethread then? This bot stinks.

Toughest challenge of the year so far tonight. If we can overcome the yellow jerseys then who knows how much damage we can do.

The best thing Morgan brings in that matchup is 6 good hard fouls. Probably all used up in the 1st quarter, but still.