What's new

New Theme for JazzFanz.com

Ok, for the life of me I cannot replicate it. I typed on the reply box for like two minutes straight and never got moved. Granted I'm Mac and Chrome so let me play more. Sorry friends.

Are you or log using the dark or light color scheme?
I was on the dark color scheme and changed to the light trying to see if it had any impact. It didn't really. It appears to coincide with the ads changing, but not every ad change prompts the disconnect. Haven't noticed a pattern in the ads yet either.

@Jason

I have been keeping some screen shots, don't know if this will help. I took the screen shot right as it kicked me out of the text box, and on a couple I added in the developer code from chrome. Here are a few, directly at the moment it took me out of the text box. Not sure what helps best but these were the ads that were cycling when it happened.

1637602192860.png
This "Hoag" one seemed to be a frequent cause, or at least correlation.

1637602277795.png

1637602322294.png

^^ This one was with a Hoag ad like above.

1637602358709.png
This one goes with the code right here:
1637602414501.png

1637602452256.png
And this one goes with the following code:
1637602481767.png

1637602539920.png

In this one both ads cycled and the green bar at the bottom said "waiting for cache".

Not sure if this helps but it is what I could put together.

Thanks again. On a PC now and still can't replicate. I must be crazy. @One Brow is on a PC, are you using Chrome or what browser? @LogGrad98 ?

The last fix I hoped would stop both the bounce on the page on refresh (I think that's indeed stopped - it doesn't scroll up then down on refresh, right?) but also when you're typing in the reply box at the bottom of the screen and it takes focus away to where you are not typing there any longer. This is indeed what is happening, right?

TESTING, testing with attachment.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
Trying on PC now with firefox. I logged in and came to this thread and just started typing. so far so good. not sure how long I have to type this but there's one refresh and I'm still going. now awaiting another. perhaps someone experiencing this, if you're familiar with zoom, could fire up a solo meeting and record the screen as this happens... there's another ad refresh. still going. so crazy.

adding some line feeds. Maybe I'll scroll around a little and leave the cursor here. third refresh, still have focus.

ugh

Trying on PC now with firefox. I logged in and came to this thread and just started typing. so far so good. not sure how long I have to type this but there's one refresh and I'm still going. now awaiting another. perhaps someone experiencing this, if you're familiar with zoom, could fire up a solo meeting and record the screen as this happens... there's another ad refresh. still going. so crazy.

adding some line feeds. Maybe I'll scroll around a little and leave the cursor here. third refresh, still have focus.

ugh
Sorry. It might have something to do with coming from out-of-state. Who knows?

I appreciate the effort, but I don't feel as if you should spend more time on this. I'll be fine.

Sorry. It might have something to do with coming from out-of-state. Who knows?

I appreciate the effort, but I don't feel as if you should spend more time on this. I'll be fine.
Could be. Also chrome, both PC and mobile.

And you both remain logged in, right? Ad experience is different (worse/more) if you don't login.

@Jason

I have seen something new, at least for me. On mobile it will get into a cycle of reloading ads that causes my text box to shut down repeatedly. I tap in it to type and the ad reloads, then keeps reloading and it immediately drops the keyboard on my phone, then I tap in the box again and the keyboard pops up and immediately drops. This happens repeatedly, and I have to often close out chrome entirely, then reload it to get it to stop. I am trying to get a video of it from another phone. It is crazy.