Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 0-3 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Strop

Warriors announcers kept saying Jazz wouldn't be in the playoffs. I think in the next 10 games they'll be at .500, which puts them right around the #8 seed. Denver is sliding; New Orleans will if they can't get a big. And the Clippers are in sell mode. The tank right now is off its tracks.

So what will be the Jazz record over the next 10 games?

@Phoenix - Win
@SA - Win
@NO - Win
@MEM - Win
CHA - Win
@POR - Win
SA
PHO
POR
DAL

Last edited:
What are we doing?

Are we back in 'win-now' mode?

If so, you go out and get Kembla and Mirotic tomorrow. We have the assets and cap room to do it.

I just have no idea what we are doing anymore. The chance of that top pick was/is right there...

My dreams of getting Bagley are falling fast. :(

EDIT: I either want 9-1 or 8-2 to show we aren't tanking or 1 win max to go on the opposite side. There's no point being in the middle lol

What are we doing?

If so, you go out and get Kembla and Mirotic tomorrow. We have the assets and cap room to do it.

I just have no idea what we are doing anymore. The chance of that top pick was/is right there...
No, it never was. Too many good players on the team. Even if you trade JJ, Favors and Hood, you still have Ingles, Gobert, Mitchell, Rubio. Even O'Neale. No way to finish bottom-5 when other teams are also tanking. I want the 8th seed, just because the W's announcer kept saying the Jazz weren't making the playoffs.

Jazz don't have the assets to get Kemba. But a Mirotic trade is pretty easy to do if you offer Burks and the 1st round pick, lottery-protected, or perhaps just top-10.

No, it never was. Too many good players on the team. Even if you trade JJ, Favors and Hood, you still have Ingles, Gobert, Mitchell, Rubio. Even O'Neale. No way to finish bottom-5 when other teams are also tanking. I want the 8th seed, just because the W's announcer kept saying the Jazz weren't making the playoffs.

Jazz don't have the assets to get Kemba. But a Mirotic trade is pretty easy to do if you offer Burks and the 1st round pick, lottery-protected, or perhaps just top-10.

Of course we can get Kemba, we could always take back Batum, who would probably play well in our system.

We never left
Well we aren't making 'win-now' moves..

We can address all of our perceived weakness before the deadline.

PG - Kembla or IT
Stretch 4 - Mirotic or K.Love

Ill assume we buy out JJ, move Favors and Hood and take on Batum as part of Kembla deal.

Kemba/Exum
DM/Burks
Ingles/Batum
Mirotic/Jerebko/Thabo
Gobert/Udoh/Bradley

That side wins 50+ games a year. But Im not sure if that really 'maximises' Goberts prime as team still has a 2nd round playoff ceiling.

I still think we make moves at the deadline aimed at stockpiling long-term assets. I.e., we don't hold on to Hood or Favors in favor of winning now. If you can get a first or a legit stretch 4 for either, I think you do it.

(and I actually kind of believe it)

Only game that scares me is @Portland.

San Antonio aint got **** on Utah now w/o Kawhi. We spanked them by 11 without Gobert or Mitchell.

We obviously aren’t in the win now mode, but that doesn’t be mean we can’t be in the make the playoffs mode.

Watching the Suns and Maverick tonight I refuse to believe we are in the place they are. Our team is not that bad. It also amazes me how empty some NBA arenas are.....watching this game makes me appreciate Jazz fans and our team a bit more......now we better not go get blown out or lose in Phoenix.

(and I actually kind of believe it)

Only game that scares me is @Portland.

San Antonio aint got **** on Utah now w/o Kawhi. We spanked them by 11 without Gobert or Mitchell.
SA is a difficult place to win....I wouldn’t pencil that one in yet.

We obviously aren’t in the win now mode, but that doesn’t be mean we can’t be in the make the playoffs mode.
Depends on how you define win-now mode. Doesn't mean you are realistically thinking championship. To me, win-now means you try to build your team for winning games.

That side wins 50+ games a year. But Im not sure if that really 'maximises' Goberts prime as team still has a 2nd round playoff ceiling.
I don't think there's any such thing as a 2nd round playoff ceiling. If you're in the second round, you can win it all, but you need some luck. Injuries happen, among other things.

What are we doing?

I don't believe Kemba+Mirotic= championship. If you trade it all for them, then what do we do as a 3rd dog in the west?

They especially don't match our long defensive identity. Not saying they aren't great gets, just saying I don't agree they are the right moves. Probably the right moves aren't there this year. I do think it would be wise to make a move this year, just saying it's not 'all in' time.

I don't believe Kemba+Mirotic= championship. If you trade it all for them, then what do we do as a 3rd dog in the west?

They especially don't match our long defensive identity. Not saying they aren't great gets, just saying I don't agree they are the right moves. Probably the right moves aren't there this year. I do think it would be wise to make a move this year, just saying it's not 'all in' time.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, you are arguing my point.

I don't think there's any such thing as a 2nd round playoff ceiling. If you're in the second round, you can win it all, but you need some luck. Injuries happen, among other things.
Chris Paul (as an LA Clipper) and Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins would disagree with you.