What's new

NFL Network

Beantown

These have to be the worst sports announcers I have ever heard. I really think I would rather be listening to Steve Brown do high school games on KJZZ. Atleast it was an exciting game.

I agree totally. It takes a genius like Norman Einstein to give Joe Theisman another job.

The whole production value of everything the NFL Network does is God awful.

I really enjoyed the Top 100 Players countdown and thought it was done well, but the games they broadcast have an amateurish feel to them. I always liked Theismann on ESPN and I used to like Millen as an analyst before he went to the Lions. Now I question what I might have liked. Millen is horrible and I'm not sure he knows the rules and Theismann spits every comment out with cold hatred and bitterness. I honestly don't know who is in the booth with them, but he is horrible, too.

I really enjoyed the Top 100 Players countdown and thought it was done well, but the games they broadcast have an amateurish feel to them. I always liked Theismann on ESPN and I used to like Millen as an analyst before he went to the Lions. Now I question what I might have liked. Millen is horrible and I'm not sure he knows the rules and Theismann spits every comment out with cold hatred and bitterness. I honestly don't know who is in the booth with them, but he is horrible, too.
I think it is Bob Papa, who is a radio guy usually.

Bob Papa is horrible. There were some big moments in that 4th quarter last night but you couldn't tell by listening to that stiff. No emotion at all coming from his voice. You could tell that the other two hated Theismann as well. They basically disagreed with everything he said.

Theisman is really annoying and how does Millen have any credibility left? Did he try to draft another WR during the game last night?

The NFL Network is still, surprisingly, way behind the curve when it comes to nationally broadcast football. I was getting really irritated that they were not showing replays on any of the big plays last night, the White touchdown "push-off" comes to mind. And Matty-Ice had a huge game, but you would not have known given the announce team, and Joe "I'm calling a cricket match" Theisman's lack of enthusiasm. Give me Eisen, Irvin, and Saunders in that booth.

BTW for anyone who listens to/watches the Dan Patrick show on the 101 on DirecTV, it was nice to see Eisen give the "Against the Grain" shoutout last night

I just hate the way NFL is run period, seems like they got some d-bags who want to steal your money and don't want to share the great game of pro football to anyone who doesn't have their precious license. it's no surprise the Network sucks... and bring back the NFL 2k series you douches! quit taking ea's cash loads.

Perhaps I was a bit hyperbolic because I never did see the top 100 countdown. However, as far as the pre-games and games go, they're like you said, amateurish at best. And Millen is the worst. I literally sent a text to my friend the other day that read "Is Millen the dumbest human being on Earth?" Seriously, the guy makes the dumbest comments and it's great too because he's so fired up about them yet it's as if everyone else is sort of walking on eggshells in fear of being pummeled into oblivion by him if they question him or slip up and blurt out, "Millen you're a moron who may go down as the worst GM in history, now shutup and let someone with some sense speak." Seriously, it just feels like someone wants to say something like that but they know they can't.