What's new

NFL Talk

Pats play a 4-3, right? That is the formation Haynesworth demands to be put in, plus Bellicheck has gotten questionable attitude dudes to perform in the past. This is probably a homerun for the Pats and just another star player Mike Shanananananahan mismanaged.

YES! Bush was traded.

Yeah, it's good to get those pesky playmakers off your roster.

I'm a Dolphin fan and I like the deal. Mostly because it only cost Miami a back-up rookie Safety who only saw spot action in 10 games last year. I think the key is not to overvalue Bush. I can see why Saint fans may be glad to see him go, but in Miami they didn't spend the 2nd overall pick on him. Bush is obviously not an every down back, but he does represent something Miami hasn't had in a very long time which is somebody who's a threat to take it to the endzone anytime he touches the ball. He is also a huge uprgrade for Miami in the return game.

Hard to not like the deal from the Dolphin's side of things.

Injuries is why I'm glad to see him go. He can not stay healthy. Y'all do have him at a fairly good price though. I hope he does well.

I also heard the player we got from y'all was one of your best special teams players. Those are important guys to have. We would have just cut him regardless most likely, so it's better than nothing.

Wow, I look forward for my Saints to meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Packers-V-Saints is gonna be a great way to open the season. However, I just think the Pack is too powerful. They won it all last year despite a rash of injuries. Every key component is back. The great thing about the NFL is sometimes the "sure thing" falls flat on their face but I'm afraid that it could get ugly for the rest of the NFC. Packers may be a juggernaut for the next few years.

I'm growing tired of Michael "Diva" Crabtree. For the 3rd straight season, he is out for the pre-season. This guy is not living up to his hype.

Kind of sad to see Joe Nedney go, but it was time. He had dropped off the last couple of seasons. He finished his 49ers career as the most accurate kicker in 49ers history. Hope Akers will be a good pickup to replace Nedney.

Pretty happy with the release of Nate Clements. He was way overpaid. He was terrible last year. He got burned so many times. Now I hope the 49ers can land Nnamdi Asomugha. Definitely need to sign a CB in free agency, and quick.

Well it looks like the 49ers are out of the Asomugha sweepstakes. Waiting to see what the 49ers do to land a CB.

Packers-V-Saints is gonna be a great way to open the season. However, I just think the Pack is too powerful. They won it all last year despite a rash of injuries. Every key component is back. The great thing about the NFL is sometimes the "sure thing" falls flat on their face but I'm afraid that it could get ugly for the rest of the NFC. Packers may be a juggernaut for the next few years.

Agree. I'm a Packers fan, so there might be a little homerism going on here, but we're going to be getting back 15 rotation players that missed the last half of the season or more including 6 starters. Finlely is the supposed next big thing at TE in this league, our leading rusher is back, and half of our secondary will return. Hell, even Woodson missed the second half of the Super Bowl. With guys such as Rodgers, Matthews, Jennings, Raji, Williams, Shields, Starks, Nelson, and multiple others who are all either entering their prime or still up and coming, things could get scary for a while.

That said, the Saints-Packers match-up is going to be excellent. Two teams who can dominate either/both sides of the field at any given time, two teams capable of putting up 40+ points with ease, two teams whose defenses can score as many points as offenses, and two teams that are lead by two of the five most capable, clutch QB's in football (Rodgers still has some improvement in that category, still very good though). I'm excited.

Yes, it will be a good game. If it was at the Super Dome I would have 100% confidence in the Saints to win. Should be an interesting game though. Excited to see Ingram can do against a good defense like the Packers.

I'm still a little bitter that you guys drafted him a couple of spots ahead of the Pack. Obviously I wouldn't say it's a give-in that the Saints win at the Superdome, but that place is electric and there's not an arena in football I'd be more worried to play in...defending champs or not. I would love to see a rematch in January, too.

After the Jets retain Holmes, snatch up Asomaugh and Moss/Plaxico... it's gonna be pretty clear who the best team in the NFL will be.

For the record, Schefter is reporting that the jets are officially out of the Asomugha sweepstakes. Sorry bro.