What's new

NFL Talk

Gotta give major props to the Eagles. They obviously see Green Bay and New Orleans as the class of the NFC with those explosive offenses, so what do they do? How about trade an overrated QB for a 2nd round pick and a great young CB in D.R. Cromartie and then steal the best CB in the league out from under the Jests and NFC East rival Dallas. Now if Philly faces N.O. or Green Bay in the playoffs, they can trot out a Nickle package that includes Cromartie, Asomugha, and Asante Samuel.

Oh yeah, they also quietly added Prow Bowl DE Jason Babin in the process. As much as I love Philly's moves, I still cant say they're the team to beat. It's a given that Vick is going to miss games during the season and when that happens they're going to be depending on Vince Young which is going to be shaky at best. However, if by some miracle Vick stays healthy all season long, all bets are off.

I'm growing tired of Michael "Diva" Crabtree. For the 3rd straight season, he is out for the pre-season. This guy is not living up to his hype.

Kind of sad to see Joe Nedney go, but it was time. He had dropped off the last couple of seasons. He finished his 49ers career as the most accurate kicker in 49ers history. Hope Akers will be a good pickup to replace Nedney.

Pretty happy with the release of Nate Clements. He was way overpaid. He was terrible last year. He got burned so many times. Now I hope the 49ers can land Nnamdi Asomugha. Definitely need to sign a CB in free agency, and quick.

Do you think the 49ers should sign Cromarti, if not who. As for Crab couldn't agree more. I hear SF is interested in Malcolm Floyd, 6-5 runs a 4.4, had his moments last year.

I saw Miami plans for Reggie Bush to be the feature back. lol
As a Phins fan I ask for LINK?

I haven't seen any reports saying as much, not that I've been scouring the internet for them but from what I've seen on the Phins web site and blogs is KR/PR catching out of the back field. From what I've seen they'll either let the rookie be the feature (between the tackles back) or still outside chance of Ronnie Brown coming back or even further outside chance of bringing in Marion Barber (connection with Sparano from his Dallas OC days).

I saw Miami plans for Reggie Bush to be the feature back. lol

You have to realize that "feature back" in Miami's system is entirely different from a feature back in any other system. He's going to be running plays tailor made specifically to what he does best. Not saying the Saints didn't do this, but the Dolphins have cards up their sleeves that allow a player like Bush to thrive, and allow a mediocre roster compete.

I don't know much about Reggie Bush, could someone explain why him being the main running back on a team is a bad idea? I thought he was considered to be one of the best college running backs when he was at USC.

He's nowhere near consistent enough to be an every down back in the NFL.

But he's only a bust in terms of where he was drafted and the hype coming into the league. He's an excellent third down back and receiver coming out of the backfield.

I don't know much about Reggie Bush, could someone explain why him being the main running back on a team is a bad idea? I thought he was considered to be one of the best college running backs when he was at USC.
To add to what candrew said he is also a bit injury prone so to maximize his explosiveness it is better to not have him be your main back.

*edit*
https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/2011-training-camp-day-1-bush-eager-new-start-dolphins

Okay I don't know how I missed this but this is a link that says they believe he COULD be the feature back if he has help (caddy) not exactly what I wanted to read to be honest.

Last edited:
It was in a video conference, Reggie repeatedly talked about being the feature back. Then the coach talked about him being the feature back.

Reggie can't run between the tackles, is afraid of contact, fumble prone, and very injury prone. He also has the bad habit of trying to make something out of nothing, which worked in college, but in the NFL usually results in -5 yard gains.

yeah I found some of those along with the link I edited into the post, I had checked those yesterday afternoon but guess they weren't on there until yesterday evening or this morning. Also found they released Channing Crowder (ILB) not a shock but a little surprising especially since they don't have much depth at that spot.

Not that it changes my overall expectations in that as a Phins fan I can still say.... uhhh... at least we're not the Bills??

*edit*

I also read after posting the Phins signed Kevin Burnett away from the Chargers so I guess that makes more sense why they let Crowder go.

Last edited: