What's new

Niang Time

I really like how Niang plays. He has a pretty comprehensive skill set and good feel for the game. He moves around the court much like old Battier did later in his career. Battier was just one of those glue guys who complemented everything on both ends of the court.

Last edited:
I really like how Niang plays. He has a pretty comprehensive skill set and good feel for the game. He moves around the court much like old Battier did later in his career. Battier was just one of those glue guys who complimented everything on both ends of the court.
*Complemented

Major props to Coach Quin.

Niang did all the right things, played well in the summer league, preseason and with his limited minutes in the regular season. Like a lot of coaches QS could have just "granted" the minutes to Thabo yesterday because he's a vet; but he rewarded the kid instead.

This sends a message to the rest of the organization - Tony Bradley and the rest of the players on The Stars that when you do the right things you get an opportunity.

Major props to Coach Quin.

Niang did all the right things, played well in the summer league, preseason and with his limited minutes in the regular season. Like a lot of coaches QS could have just "granted" the minutes to Thabo yesterday because he's a vet; but he rewarded the kid instead.

This sends a message to the rest of the organization - Tony Bradley and the rest of the players on The Stars that when you do the right things you get an opportunity.
Corbin woulda played Thabo 40 min last night.

Thanks, now I can't get "Niang thyme tonight" to the tune of "Wang Chung tonight" out of my head.

When we talk about stretch 4s I just keep thinking Niang can do what most of these guys need to do for us... and he's on a minimum deal. He has a lot more to his game than just shooting too. Once he gets more comfortable more of his passing and "grab and go" stuff will come out.

We should keep Favs out until he's 100% and roll with Niang, Crowder, Thabo and just see what it looks like. Once the trade deadline hits I think we should move Favs to backup 5 minutes only... if he's still on the roster. With Ricky and Rudy we just can't play another non-shooter unless they make a monstrous difference on the defensive end.

When we talk about stretch 4s I just keep thinking Niang can do what most of these guys need to do for us... and he's on a minimum deal. He has a lot more to his game than just shooting too. Once he gets more comfortable more of his passing and "grab and go" stuff will come out.
Good post. Everyone likes to talk about floor stretching when it comes to 4's, but a player's ability to put the ball on the floor on closeouts and do a little play making is also super important, and something that Favors lacks. Niang really has a great all around game.

We should keep Favs out until he's 100% and roll with Niang, Crowder, Thabo and just see what it looks like. Once the trade deadline hits I think we should move Favs to backup 5 minutes only... if he's still on the roster. With Ricky and Rudy we just can't play another non-shooter unless they make a monstrous difference on the defensive end.

I don't think that Favors has been 100% for a couple of years and is not going to be again. He has lost his explosiveness. Seems pretty clear that he is the round peg in the square hole right now, surprised that Jazz management has not made a move. Other teams I am sure LOVE having him out in the corner to take 3s.

Dudes, without Favors we wouldn’t have won a single playoff series the past two years. Plus, the concerns over his fit are old af. Copy-and-paste that ****.

His days here are numbered; let’s realize that we need him this year and stop bitching, emmk?

Last edited:
Dudes, without Favors we wouldn’t have won a single playoff series the past two years. Plus, the concerns over his fit are old af. Copy-and-paste that ****.

His days here are numbered, let’s realize that we need him this year and stop bitching, emmk?

I just feel bad for him honestly. He's a good player but we just don't use him enough at what he does well.

It's like dating someone you really like... but the attraction isn't there... and you keep trying to make it work... but you both kinda get the feeling there are greener pastures.

I love Favs and he's stepped up at the right times... no matter what happens I'm a Favs fan... hope my Niang love isn't misconstrued as Favs hate.