What's new

Niang's 1st Round: 70% from the Field/67% from 3

Rubio was not consistent lmao
By that I mean that he didn’t have really PROLONGED slumps like Conley does. Yeah he might shoot a flat .300 from Three but at least you knew what you were getting. (And from my recollection, he played within himself more than Conley does.) Forget this first round series; remember Conley’s entire first year with the Jazz? I didn’t realize slumps could last so long till Mr Conley came to town.

Last edited:
You really think Conley is any better? At least with Rubio, there’s some level of consistency in his game as opposed to the roller coaster that Conley puts you on. He was tearing it up in Cleveland this season before the ACL tear.

look at rubios fg%^...its ****in bad

For the record I think we would have been better off with Rubio than Conley overall. The defense and playmaking from Rubio was superior and we could have used the money to around him, Mitchell, and Gobert with shooters and long defenders. The height, age, injury, and inconsistency issues pretty much fully negated whatever pluses Conley had over Rubio.
Yeah I couldn’t agree more L.G. That was our big play? Are you kidding me? What in the hell was DL even thinking? Exhausting our Cap Space, mortgaging our future for what? Then on top of that we give up a first rounder and throw in J Crowder and Grayson Allen, are you insane? Grayson Allen alone is worth more than this head case! Hey I’m sorry Mike Conley you’re a hell of a nice guy you know you won the sportsmanship award, your teammates love you. But you know what, this isn’t little league baseball!

Last edited:
He's a role player. There are 0 role players in the NBA who are consistent series to series.

Niang has a good series, then he has a bad one. That's pretty on par for most end of rotation types in the playoffs.

4-25 is horrendous. That’s exactly what he did for us against the Clippers. You can’t make a thread about him having a good first round and then make an excuse for him when he doesn’t lmao.

4-25 is horrendous. That’s exactly what he did for us against the Clippers. You can’t make a thread about him having a good first round and then make an excuse for him when he doesn’t lmao.
It's just the reality of those kinds of players. The ideal situation is you have multiple options for that roster slot that you can interchange based on matchups. The Heat just werent a good matchup for Niang, just like the Clippers werent. The Heat were deep enough (and good enough coaching) that they can make those kind of roster switches on the fly like benching Duncan.

Maybe Niang isn't really that good and he certainly isn't a guy who is going to make a major difference. His playoff record is dismal at best. He might have a good game but in the playoffs he has been horrible. Nice guy. Works hard but not an NBA athlete.

Niang shoots a high percentage when open. The problem is, his %s drop below average when closely guarded and he has no moves to create separation. To his credit, he has worked hard to improve on defense.