What's new

Nicknames for the New Guys - 2022-23 Edition

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Ok let's get some nicknames up in here. I know a few of these have already been around the league, but we can always re-christen them here. Just no new bris, if you get my drift.

Simone Fontecchio
Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Collin Sexton
Kelly Olynyk
Jarred Vanderbilt
Talen Horton-Tucker
Malik Beasley

Who did I forget? It has to be someone we have at least seen play in the first 3 games or so. No need for g-league nicknames.

Ok, go!!

To kick things off, I do think Walker, Kessler Ranger is ok, goes back pretty far, so mostly for older fans, but I guess that is what JF is anyway, mostly. CANNOT STAND italian stallion for Simone. So overworn it is bordering on stupid, but not relevant enough to be ironic or hipster. Just lazy. Any other thoughts?

Fontecchio, the italian assassin? Capra assassina? Simply Capra?

Simone "La Capra" Fontecchio

He kind of looks like a vampire, pretty pale, dark hair, et al. I mean just look at him:

1666794140711.png
1666794235663.png

The resemblance is uncanny.

Simone "Il Vampiro" Fontecchio

Simone "Il Mago" Fontecchio

Simone "Il Cecchino" Fontecchio

Ok, I am bored with that one.

Ok let's get some nicknames up in here. I know a few of these have already been around the league, but we can always re-christen them here. Just no new bris, if you get my drift.

Simone Fontecchio
Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Collin Sexton
Kelly Olynyk
Jarred Vanderbilt
Talen Horton-Tucker
Malik Beasley

Who did I forget? It has to be someone we have at least seen play in the first 3 games or so. No need for g-league nicknames.

Ok, go!!

To kick things off, I do think Walker, Kessler Ranger is ok, goes back pretty far, so mostly for older fans, but I guess that is what JF is anyway, mostly. CANNOT STAND italian stallion for Simone. So overworn it is bordering on stupid, but not relevant enough to be ironic or hipster. Just lazy. Any other thoughts?
Fontalia
brohard
The Finnisher
Bullit
Sifl
Horton hears a boo
Measles

Simone Fontecchio
Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Collin Sexton
Kelly Olynyk
Jarred Vanderbilt
Talen Horton-Tucker
Malik Beasley

Ok, go!!

These are always pretty rough... nicknames are earned not given or assigned.

Sexton is the Young Bull... no need to give him one.

Lauri is the Finnisher

Vando has like 3-4 good ones

I don't have suggestions for any of the other guys but THT is definitely The Down Payment.

Simone Fontecchio - fettuchini
Walker Kessler - The great divide
Lauri Markkanen -The marksman
Collin Sexton - hot pants
Kelly Olynyk - Don't cut my hair
Jarred Vanderbilt -I like the name Vando
Talen Horton-Tucker - Condor or TNT (play on THT)
Malik Beasley -

Kelly Olynyk - Rasputin (with his slavic face he looks like a typical orthodox priest)
Rudy Gay - Veintidós (that one is only for Bolerjack)

I can't wait to hear all the incredibly stupid and cringy nicknames Holly and Boller give to the guys over the course of the season.