What's new

No Jazz all stars

We all knew the only way Jazz get an all star is an injury replacement. I still think there is a good chance we get 1 in.

To be honest, there isnt a player that made it I would drop for a Jazz man. That sucks, but its reality. Sap and Al were close for sure, but I cant bitch about the guys who made it...

Maybe this snub will instill a little more consistant defensive ATTITUDE when we start games and give us more W's...

Fact- We don't have a bonafide all-star on the roster. Yes, Millsap and Jefferson are close, but neither has shown any consistency. For once i have no beef with why our team is so poorly represented.

Millsap was one of the best players in the league until a few games lately when the refs beat him.
We've seen these allstars head to head against the Jazz, many of them were outplayed by Jazz players, and Millsap has been our best player.

This really shouldn't be a surprise. Deron was snubbed two or three years straight after leading us to the WCF.

No shock. Sap is the most disrespected player in the NBA by far for some odd reason. Be it by coaches or the refs...although the latter angers me far much more.

Millsap was one of the best players in the league until a few games lately when the refs beat him.
We've seen these allstars head to head against the Jazz, many of them were outplayed by Jazz players, and Millsap has been our best player.

Spot on. The refs swallowing whistles that are for Paul, but quick to call touch fouls (in some cases, "non-touch" fouls) against Paul is a major reason why we haven't been getting more W's and Paul hasn't been getting bigger numbers.

I love Sap but he doesn't deserve to be there. And it has nothing to do with refs or respect etc. If an opening comes up Al should be considered. Then we can all tweet Deron and tell him that Harris made Al an All-Star ;)

I love Sap but he doesn't deserve to be there. And it has nothing to do with refs or respect etc. If an opening comes up Al should be considered. Then we can all tweet Deron and tell him that Harris made Al an All-Star ;)

It has everything to do with the refs, and Millsap has played better than AJ, although the competition for the ASG is tougher at forward than center, I'll give you that.

A couple weeks ago the Jazz were in 2nd or 3rd place, and Millsap was shooting .560 while AJ was at .480 and the rest of his team was shooting about .410.

Since then, the Hayward, Kanter, Harris, and Bell have been playing BETTER, but the Jazz , esp. Millsp and AJ and have been hurt by the
refs in some games. Part of that is just that they have been on the road more, which is okay, but the refs have been a factor.

I have no problem with the guys that were selected, but Millsap was at an allstar level until the last few games, and the refs have been a major factor in those games. I shed no tears, the guy makes big bucks and has a better life than me, but that doesn't mean he gets the same calls as other guys playing on his level.

The ref argument and the small market argument are just whining. Do super stars get breaks and the benefit of the doubt - sure they do. Malone and Stock benefited just like the rest of them. It is what it is. And it is not why Sap is not an all-star. He is not playing consistent enough to be an all-star. I hope someday he does. Love his game. Hope he is a Jazzman for life. His best option is to become our 6th man as K and F develop.

The refs control the games.
Millsap was one of the best players in the league. The drop off lately appears to be due in large part to the refs.
Malone and Stock did not get as good treatment from the refs as other top contenders did.