What's new

Noah Vonleh. Why???

UGLI baby

Ppl who see Noah Vonleh as a top 5 pick and future all star, pls explain.

To me looks like a dude who is *probably* a starter in the NBA, but not much more.

Can't imagine passing up on someone with sky high potential like Aaron Gordon for someone as blah as Vonleh.

What am I missing Vonleh lovers??

To me looks like a dude who is *probably* a starter in the NBA, but not much more.

Can't imagine passing up on someone with sky high potential like Aaron Gordon for someone as blah as Vonleh.

That he is looking like Chris Bosh, probably ?

Yeah, I've been underwhelmed watching him myself. His stock rocketed when they measured his hands. Eric Moreland has bigger hands. But who's Eric Moreland?

Gordon > Vonleh

He really needs to develop the "nasty" element to his game. If he does, he could easily be an All-Star if his shooting is legit.

If I were to discover I'm wrong about Vonleh, It'd get me a lot more excited for the draft. He's the dude I'm scared of the Jazz picking right now.

Exactly, why? Just because Noah has big hands and he had somewhat big numbers on a bad IU team.

Everyone rep Ugli baby!

I don't see it either.

There are busts in the top 10 every year, and he is gonna be one of them. Has to be.

He really needs to develop the "nasty" element to his game. If he does, he could easily be an All-Star if his shooting is legit.

I watched a little highlight vid of him (not a professional scout tbh) and his shooting stroke did not look natural to me. They think he has range out to 3?

The consensus seems to be that he is good because he has big hands, and jumps higher at the combine than he does in games.

Noah Vonleh is soft.

You think he does?

To me he doesnt look anywhere near as long as Bosh. Am I wrong about this?

Also, seemed like Bosh dominated at G Tech

cbosh_300_080130.jpg

Vonleh_FreeThrow_Solomon-940x626.jpg

Its like they had the same dinosaur mother, but different daddys tho.

Looking at their pre draft measurements, Bosh is 2 inches taller, but only 1 inch longer standing reach.

Vonleh's vert is higher.

This means that...

Noah improved thru his freshman season. He rebounds very well. He has quick feet. He plays very good perimeter defense. He has range to the 3 point line. He has no injury history. He has a good handle for a guy his size and age. There are many things to like about him.
His major flaw is he played on a bad team that exposed his lack of aggressiveness inside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Basically Vonleh would be seen as a super safe pick, right? Doesn't seem likely to bust, but I'd rather aim higher.

Noah improved thru his freshman season. He rebounds very well. He has quick feet. He plays very good perimeter defense. He has range to the 3 point line. He has no injury history. He has a good handle for a guy his size and age. There are many things to like about him.
His major flaw is he played on a bad team that exposed his lack of aggressiveness inside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He has range to the college 3 line on limited attempts. Lots of college PF's who have shown 3pt ability in college but never had it translate to the pros.

Derrick Williams being a recent example. IMO, if your big is going to be a 3pt shooter, he needs to be in the 35% range.