What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Damn. Dlil put on one of the best performances I’ve ever seen. Reminded me of tmac or Reggie Miller.

Portland has gotta get him some help. Or trade him to use for a future 2nd rounder. It’s not fair that a talent like that doesn’t play for a contender.
I think even better. In fact, that was probably the most remarkable display of clutch shooting in NBA history, two buzzer beating 3's with tight coverage to force overtime. Plus two others 3's in that span, so that he made four in a row. Never have seen anything like it.

If LeBron doesn't have the deck stacked in his favor he basically just gives up. He took a lot of plays off today. What a ****ing diva. Give me a stacked team or I'm taking my ball and going home! He's not even close to the same league as Jordan and Kobe.

He literally did do the "take my ball and go home" deal. Left the bench with almost 5 minutes still to play and went to the locker room.

Diva indeed.

Well, he said some years ago he would play for Utah (or LA...ughhh) if for some reason Portland let him go

Yeah he has Utah ties. Went to my alma mater, Weber State.

I've had to concede because he's won championships, but he quits when it gets hard in the playoffs. He just does.

Sure, if he can cruise to a trophy he'll do it. He'll even be a massive performer getting there. But when it doesn't look good, when it gets real hard, when it becomes an uphill battle, LeBron James packs up his **** and goes home. That's who he is.
I know this is gonna sound crazy, but he's ~36, seen it all, and done it all as a player in the league. I'm sure he's at a point where he's not interested in burning anymore wax than he has to, and he's not interested in slogging it through bad ****.

I couldn't tell anyone why he couldn't wait a couple of minutes, that's a new low. I'm honestly not totally sure why I'm making this post, except that he's human, I guess.

Danny Ainge out as Celtics GM. Brad Stevens to assume Head of basketball operations for them.

Wow.

Final score in sports is meaningless and should not count.

Last nights Blazers v Nuggets game once again proves that the final score of a sporting event is the most ridiculous thing to look at in order to see who won. When that game ended, the referee should have stood at center court and pointed to the Blazers bench - they win. End of story, everybody goes home happy.

Blazers were down by double digits numerous times (including in an OT), Blazers twice tied the game on a buzzer beater, Lillard with his record setting performance was the best player out there....when the clock ran out the refs should have consulted and raised the Blazers' hands -- tonight's winner. You accept that format in boxing, why not in basketball?

No real sports fan looks at the final score. I never once look at the score when my teams play. It's stupid. The score is for people who don't know sports. Below is a picture of the way last night's game went to every thinking sports fan. Portland is the guy with the blue gloves. Portland is now up 3-2 in the series.
1622646338586.png

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but he's ~36, seen it all, and done it all as a player in the league. I'm sure he's at a point where he's not interested in burning anymore wax than he has to, and he's not interested in slogging it through bad ****.

I couldn't tell anyone why he couldn't wait a couple of minutes, that's a new low. I'm honestly not totally sure why I'm making this post, except that he's human, I guess.
Yeah but he's kind of been this way for his entire career. As soon as he saw it would be a lot of work to get there in Cleveland, he noped on out of there to build a stacked team in Miami. As soon as Miami was winding down and he saw that Cleveland had used the high draft picks from their inevitable fall after his exit to retool he moves back there to yet another stacked team. Cleveland winding down? Time to move to LA to bring in another stacked team. Injury to key player? Why try then, time to bail early in the 4th instead of support the team he is supposedly the leader of. Sure he's a human and he wants it easy, I get it. But I also know what he is being paid to be a baby when he doesn't get his stacked team. So **** him. Stand up and be a man and actually do the job you are being paid to do.

By the way it isn't just leaving early in the 4th quarter. He basically didn't show up at all for this game. And the is far from the first time in his career he has just taken plays or games off because suddenly they are hard.

Yes yes many players do, it's human nature, blah blah blah. If he wants to be considered as the best, then man up and play even when you might not have the easy road to the ring in front of you. Otherwise, he's just a diva.

Final score in sports is meaningless and should not count.

Last nights Blazers v Nuggets game once again proves that the final score of a sporting event is the most ridiculous thing to look at in order to see who won. When that game ended, the referee should have stood at center court and pointed to the Blazers bench - they win. End of story, everybody goes home happy.

Blazers were down by double digits numerous times (including in an OT), Blazers twice tied the game on a buzzer beater, Lillard with his record setting performance was the best player out there....when the clock ran out the refs should have consulted and raised the Blazers' hands -- tonight's winner. You accept that format in boxing, why not in basketball?

No real sports fan looks at the final score. I never once look at the score when my teams play. It's stupid. The score is for people who don't know sports. Below is a picture of the way last night's game went to every thinking sports fan. Portland is the guy with the blue gloves. Portland is now up 3-2 in the series.
Hey, you made a few mistakes in your post. You wrote several times "Blazers", instead of writing "Lilliard". I let you edit your post...

I've had to concede because he's won championships, but he quits when it gets hard in the playoffs. He just does.

Sure, if he can cruise to a trophy he'll do it. He'll even be a massive performer getting there. But when it doesn't look good, when it gets real hard, when it becomes an uphill battle, LeBron James packs up his **** and goes home. That's who he is.
On the other hand, and I could be wrong or mis-remembering, I think his team was down big on a series once (down 3-1 I think) and he didn't quit. Instead he played his *** off and they came back and won the series. Might have been in the finals even.

Again, I might be wrong but it seems like that happened.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah but he's kind of been this way for his entire career. As soon as he saw it would be a lot of work to get there in Cleveland, he noped on out of there to build a stacked team in Miami. As soon as Miami was winding down and he saw that Cleveland had used the high draft picks from their inevitable fall after his exit to retool he moves back there to yet another stacked team. Cleveland winding down? Time to move to LA to bring in another stacked team. Injury to key player? Why try then, time to bail early in the 4th instead of support the team he is supposedly the leader of. Sure he's a human and he wants it easy, I get it. But I also know what he is being paid to be a baby when he doesn't get his stacked team. So **** him. Stand up and be a man and actually do the job you are being paid to do.

By the way it isn't just leaving early in the 4th quarter. He basically didn't show up at all for this game. And the is far from the first time in his career he has just taken plays or games off because suddenly they are hard.

Yes yes many players do, it's human nature, blah blah blah. If he wants to be considered as the best, then man up and play even when you might not have the easy road to the ring in front of you. Otherwise, he's just a diva.
Eh, he saw it was going to be a lot of work in Cleveland and went back there.
Then left for a crappy Lakers team that plays in a much tougher conference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app