What's new

Game Thread Nov 04, 2022 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 11-04-22

It's sad watching LeBron go out on a lifeless team
Nah. He did it to himself. Gets way too involved in personnel decisions and then pouts and throws others under the bus when they don't work.

Could’ve held onto their young role players instead of trying to create a “Big 3” like he had in Miami so he pushed for Westbrook instead of Hield. Then when it was clearly broken, they thought they’d just double down on that. It’s enjoyable to see it backfire on them.

Imagine if they’d just agreed to trade their picks and had gotten in on the Gobert trade for parts and pieces - bet they could’ve gotten Vando, Beasley, Beverley, Clarkson and Bogdanovic for THT, the right to cut Russell Westbrook and draft capital.

At that moment in time, I bet they could’ve bought super low. Glad they passed. This team is fun to watch and root for.

Last edited:
The thunder would never do that trade. They love Giddey and there is no doubt in my mind he will end up being a solid 3pt shooter in the near
Hard to speculate on what Sam Presti will or won’t do for another shot at the lottery. Giddy is superfluous when SGA is healthy. I think they play better through SGA at the point and in that scenario, SGA looks better with Dort or Mann at the two. Just a shot.

Definition of Jazz

noun
a type of music of black American origin which emerged at the beginning of the 20th century, characterized by improvisation, syncopation, and usually a regular or forceful rhythm. Brass and woodwind instruments and piano are particularly associated with jazz, although guitar and occasionally violin are also used; styles include Dixieland, swing, bebop, and free jazz.

verb
play or dance to jazz music.

____

What is a simple definition of jazz?

Definition of jazz

American music developed especially from ragtime and blues and characterized by propulsive syncopated rhythms, polyphonic ensemble playing, varying degrees of improvisation, and often deliberate distortions of pitch and timbre.

----

Uh. So far the definition is true, real, meaningful, and fitting. By eye test.

I love what Steve Smith said in Gametime: "I know Lakers fans don't want to hear this, but thry played a good brand of basketball tonight."

I love it. I was worried we win and they shoot like crap, so the excuse is there. They shot 48/42/89 as a team and still lost.

Lots of talk about us now. We have been noticed.

Disagree. From a Jazz POV it doesn't get much better. Don't get me wrong it's a horrible free agency group if you're aiming for a superstar which the Jazz have no chance at attracting any year but for the next level of player who we might have a chance at we can probably afford to overpay knowing that the salary cap is expected to rise significantly in the coming years.
At this point, I’m curious to see the Jazz add any overlooked or under utilized young player to see what Hardy can do with them. I think he has absolutely MAXIMIZED the talent and skill set for Markkanen, Clarkson, Vando, Olynyk and Kessler - and gotten great play out of Conley, Sexton, Beasley and even THT (at times).

I want to see what other tricks he has up his sleeve AND I want to see what he can do with this rag-tag group in the playoffs.

This is the only game I've watched the Lakers this year, but it made me think that their problem has less to do with bad role players and more to do with declining stars.

The Conley/Lauri connection has been great so far, Mike with so many brilliant plays this year. We have so many great scorers on this team. Hardy seems to have a great feel for the game. Definitely a fun start to the season.

This is the only game I've watched the Lakers this year, but it made me think that their problem has less to do with bad role players and more to do with declining stars.

The Conley/Lauri connection has been great so far, Mike with so many brilliant plays this year. We have so many great scorers on this team. Hardy seems to have a great feel for the game. Definitely a fun start to the season.
They couldnt keep up with our pace. And they didnt dominate 1on1. We held our ground, and "only" allowed 116 to a team who had a their best shooting night. Won through extra boards and 2nd chance points.

Plus we took care of the ball really well.

2nd chance points 25-14 for us. 11 extra points there.

It shouldn’t work as well as it does but the Conley/Sexton/Clarkson/Olynyk/Markkanen lineup is really ****ing good.

Coming into tonight this lineup had a staggering +46.3 net rating. It will be interesting to see it updated after tonight because I thought they played extremely well again.

Update:

This lineup played 9 minutes together last night and had a +44.4 net rating.

Conley/Sexton/Clarkson played 14 minutes together and had a +63.0 net rating.

Ya he looked tired. A lot of shots hitting front rim.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah. His shots were short. His defense always seemed a step slow. His drives seemed slow. Even when he’d charge into traffic he seemed to lack the characteristic explosion that we’ve seen for 20 years. Lonnie Walker and Westbrick both seemed to have much more bounce than Lebron. I halfway expected him to get stuffed by the rim on his one dunk.

Omfg. The LA media fears LeBron so much. Just checked the post-game presser, and they asked apologetic questions about basketball for 3-4 minutes then proceeded to talk about Kyrie, elections and other things for the next 8 minutes.

They literally asked like 1 question related to the game and its result.

Definition of Jazz

noun
a type of music of black American origin which emerged at the beginning of the 20th century, characterized by improvisation, syncopation, and usually a regular or forceful rhythm. Brass and woodwind instruments and piano are particularly associated with jazz, although guitar and occasionally violin are also used; styles include Dixieland, swing, bebop, and free jazz.

verb
play or dance to jazz music.

____

What is a simple definition of jazz?

Definition of jazz

American music developed especially from ragtime and blues and characterized by propulsive syncopated rhythms, polyphonic ensemble playing, varying degrees of improvisation, and often deliberate distortions of pitch and timbre.

----

Uh. So far the definition is true, real, meaningful, and fitting. By eye test.
I don’t know if it’s improvisational or just really well choreographed but I am constantly amazed by the way that the play develops for the Jazz and the seamless executions. Camp was just a couple of weeks and yet we’re like this well oiled machine that our opponents can’t quite predict or anticipate. I always heard how complicated Snyder’s offense was and yet we were so predictable; guys picked up the Hardy playbook in two weeks and it seems inscrutable and nuanced.

Last edited:
Update:

This lineup played 9 minutes together last night and had a +44.4 net rating.

Conley/Sexton/Clarkson played 14 minutes together and had a +63.0 net rating.
I was not fan of putting those 3 together at the beginning but i really was wrong. They play really well and move the ball so fast. It's incredible to see how JC improve collectively this year.

That’s what you call overthinking. I will always be a fan of these types of lineups, sadly Quin wasn’t.
You are right. this line up is a killing one. Fast, precise and efficient. Just wonder if we can maintain this level on 82 games. But it's impressive and so fun to watch. Last year i quit on almost half of the games as it was so boring, Quinn coaching like a robot. I'm also so inpressend by Hardy, He is so young but so smart already.