What's new

Game Thread Nov 10, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies (Tournament)

Added to Calendar: 11-10-23

Eh, kessler way better as a rookie than rudy. Also as a second year player. Rudy has been in the league way longer than kessler.
Yeah, totally agree about Kessler being better early, but progress isnt linear. Walker has a very capped ceiling if he doesnt add some sort of skill game, and that doesnt look all that likely. Plus the league is just getting harder and harder for guys like Walker/Rudy every year. I'm sure if Minnesota had the chance, they would take back the Rudy trade.

Yeah, totally agree about Kessler being better early, but progress isnt linear. Walker has a very capped ceiling if he doesnt add some sort of skill game, and that doesnt look all that likely. Plus the league is just getting harder and harder for guys like Walker/Rudy every year. I'm sure if Minnesota had the chance, they would take back the Rudy trade.
Agreed.

He won us one game for all the games this season he has shot turned over us out from games with our other guards. Imagineif some of those shots in some games were going to our bigs.

He had a nice game but lets be truthful too. JC gives and JC takes.
He is much more than exum ever was. You utah doubters are free to shine his 6th man of year trophy if you arent butt hurt that ingles didn't win it. Clarkson is very underappreciated around here. If Lauri played bad you all would still praise him

He is much more than exum ever was. You utah doubters are free to shine his 6th man of year trophy if you arent butt hurt that ingles didn't win it. Clarkson is very underappreciated around here. If Lauri played bad you all would still praise him

Indeed: as the 6th man he is great. As a starter he gives and takes. This was the first game it gave. Most of THIS season he has been horrendous. 22-23 he had great streaks of good stuff but then those kinda stuff that is the reason he has been 6th man in better rosters.

I had nachos from 7-11 tonight. I don't think I've done that in 30 years. Now I feel like playing hackey sack.
Bruh be careful. Dude in Sacramento died from eating bad gas station nacho cheese. Imagine being in the afterlife and everyone saying they died in the war or they died in a car accident… then having to tell them you died from gas station nachos.

Bruh be careful. Dude in Sacramento died from eating bad gas station nacho cheese. Imagine being in the afterlife and everyone saying they died in the war or they died in a car accident… then having to tell them you died from gas station nachos.
To be fair i would probably rather die eating nachos than getting shot at or crashing in a car.

To be fair i would probably rather die eating nachos than getting shot at or crashing in a car.
Not sure you know the kinda pain nachos can bring… also just the embarrassment being at the afterlife parties and telling that story.

He won us one game for all the games this season he has shot turned over us out from games with our other guards. Imagineif some of those shots in some games were going to our bigs.

He had a nice game but lets be truthful too. JC gives and JC takes.
My theory is that traveling around off-season in a girlfriend’s tour bus and showing up in the Philippines last second to play some FIBA Ball is not commensurate with the best case off season schedule. Dude clearly has other interests and priorities and is playing himself into shape. That being said, he’s seemed to have turned the corner to being that tenacious competitor again.

My theory is that traveling around off-season in a girlfriend’s tour bus and showing up in the Philippines last second to play some FIBA Ball is not commensurate with the best case off season schedule. Dude clearly has other interests and priorities and is playing himself into shape. That being said, he’s seemed to have turned the corner to being that tenacious competitor again.
He just is who he is.

He isn't going to be the primary driver of offensive flow. He played best last year with Conley. He really needs that heady leader who is going to create the flow, then Clarkson can work off that flow and that flow will influence him to make better decisions that help that flow.

If there is no flow he's just going to revert to the 6th man Snyder era where he was just suppose to self create to get the team going.

clarkson gonna be fine I think now that keyonte is here. He said after the game “we got the spacing”. Pretty sure this has to do with Kessler out more than tht. Hardy also played Simone over Dunn. All the 9 guys who played tonight have taken atleast 1 3pt shot except KO.

clarkson gonna be fine I think now that keyonte is here. He said after the game “we got the spacing”. Pretty sure this has to do with Kessler out more than tht. Hardy also played Simone over Dunn. All the 9 guys who played tonight have taken atleast 1 3pt shot except KO.
Yeah, that's a good note about the spacing. Clarkson probably gets the most visibly frustrated with Sexton than anyone on the team. Clarkson's not good at directing and fixing things, so when the plays break off because someone made a mistake, it's going to be Clarkson just trying to do his own thing to salvage the play. But if the spacing is right and everything is flowing, Clarkson can work within that flow to make good plays.

Even though Keyonte isnt good yet, you can tell he's a bit smarter and quicker in decision making than the other guards, so he might flow well with Clarkson.

He just is who he is.

He isn't going to be the primary driver of offensive flow. He played best last year with Conley. He really needs that heady leader who is going to create the flow, then Clarkson can work off that flow and that flow will influence him to make better decisions that help that flow.

If there is no flow he's just going to revert to the 6th man Snyder era where he was just suppose to self create to get the team going.
That’s funny because I don’t recall saying anything about him being the driver of offensive flow unless you’re referring to starting alongside George as opposed to THT. Is that what you’re trying to say, that he plays better alongside George than THT? Cause I’d have to agree with that - Clarkson even intimated as much in his post game interview. That however does not entirely explain his struggles this season or refute my point.

By far best game of the season from Clarkson. Didnt disturb or take over, and was efficient.

Gotta say I'm very happy that we now got two super athletic forwards who can get buckets very efficiently in the flow of the offense. If only Collins found that defensive dawg in him more often that we saw in this game.

I also dont think Collins+Kessler combo will be an issue with Key+JC backcourt. Collins starts with the ball at the perimeter most of the times anyways and shoots or drives from there.

I think playing with Capela has tought him how to coexist with a non-spacing big. His decline in points has been more about the poor offensive system McMillan ran, and last years dip was about the finger injury.