What's new

Game Thread Nov 17, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns (Tournament)

Added to Calendar: 11-17-23

So he helped clean up a mess he made?

View attachment 15418
Yeah, what's wrong with pointing that out? He had a great stretch that brought momentum back and prevented the lead from becoming insurmountable. If everyone else just wants to point out every negative thing THT does, then it is what it is, but I'm going to point out the good stuff he does, because there was a ton of positives from THT last night.

Hardy seems like he wants to go to a platoon system with the guard rotation, so THT/Sexton will have to figure out how to make the half-court offense work when they are in.

I think some wear and tear is worse than other wear and tear. He is laboring. its effecting him. he keeps grimacing and reaching for his back. but you make a good point. maybe he shouldn't be playing right now until he gets right.
Luckily we have some time off now so maybe he can heal up and come back looking healthier.
He should be playing. Lauri aint a weenie and he's not that injured. Stars have to play through things and still make the winning plays. That's what big time players do.

*trigger warning I critique a rookie*

Just such an awful play by Keyonte. Picking up your dribble at 18 feet to Euro into a triple teamed floater with Lauri wide open in the corner.

The level of hate this play would have gotten if it was anyone else would have been pages long.

Kennedy makes me laugh so I dont mind it.

The challenge by Hardy was bad. It was such an obvious foul.

I thought the refs were good for the most part. They let a lot go on both sides from what I could tell live. It was one of those highly phsyical games that just makes it tough to decide what to call/not call.

I think THT had a block (maybe it was Collins?) on someone where they clearly had all ball then slapped down on the forearm on the follow through, also was a bad call and it was another one where the block led to a Jazz rebound.
It was funny for a while but it’s like when my kids do something that gets a big laugh… they gonna do it 100 more times and it just stops being funny.

I thought the challenge was a 50/50 call. ESPN guys thought it would get reversed. I’ve seen contact like that declared “marginal” almost every time. It wasn’t a smart one to challenge anyway but it’s a judgement call as to what is marginal and there was very little contact.

I thought the Keyonte charge was an obvious bad call that cost 3 points. Would have liked to have a challenge there.

Just such an awful play by Keyonte. Picking up your dribble at 18 feet to Euro into a triple teamed floater with Lauri wide open in the corner.

The level of hate this play would have gotten if it was anyone else would have been pages long.
Multiple people have called it ou including myself. He messed it up for sure.

If we beat them by 12, we have a pretty good chance. Our point differential is +19 and Lakers have +42. If we can pass them then other 2nd seed finishers in West need massive blowouts to pass us.

If anything less than 12 then it comes down to Suns point differential.

This memo has already been passed to the officiating crew. . .

He should be playing. Lauri aint a weenie and he's not that injured. Stars have to play through things and still make the winning plays. That's what big time players do.
Ya you make another good point. Todays nba is full of iron men who dont ever take games off.
He looks pretty injured though. he runs like favors and grabs at his back and grimaces a lot.

It was funny for a while but it’s like when my kids do something that gets a big laugh… they gonna do it 100 more times and it just stops being funny.

I thought the challenge was a 50/50 call. ESPN guys thought it would get reversed. I’ve seen contact like that declared “marginal” almost every time. It wasn’t a smart one to challenge anyway but it’s a judgement call as to what is marginal and there was very little contact.

I thought the Keyonte charge was an obvious bad call that cost 3 points. Would have liked to have a challenge there.
Oh yeah, I remember the Keyonte charge now. That was a killer. Also felt like it influenced his weak take for the big shot late in the game. Like it was in his mind he got a big charge earlier so he slowed way down wayyyyyyy too early.

I brought it up. Saw hardy talking to him about that specific play as well.

Ya you make another good point. Todays nba is full of iron men who dont ever take games off.
He looks pretty injured though. he runs like favors and grabs at his back and grimaces a lot.
Yeah, the NBA is full of iron men. Just because some players sit doesnt make them all soft. Also maybe the guys who are sitting have actual injuries that are problematic for getting injured further. Lauri is fine.

Yeah, the NBA is full of iron men. Just because some players sit doesnt make them all soft. Also maybe the guys who are sitting have actual injuries that are problematic for getting injured further. Lauri is fine.
Dont look fine though.
Favors played a lot of games and minutes and wasn't the same as he was early in his career. His back was kinda ****ed.

Yeah, what's wrong with pointing that out? He had a great stretch that brought momentum back and prevented the lead from becoming insurmountable. If everyone else just wants to point out every negative thing THT does, then it is what it is, but I'm going to point out the good stuff he does, because there was a ton of positives from THT last night.

Hardy seems like he wants to go to a platoon system with the guard rotation, so THT/Sexton will have to figure out how to make the half-court offense work when they are in.
Ochai is going to grab some of those "platoon" minutes once Kessler comes back. I'm kind of on the fence whether Tec gets some of those minutes as well (with Ochai at the 2.) I think by January, one of THT and Sexton is out completely.

Oh yeah, I remember the Keyonte charge now. That was a killer. Also felt like it influenced his weak take for the big shot late in the game. Like it was in his mind he got a big charge earlier so he slowed way down wayyyyyyy too early.
It was also a terrible call. When a guy euro steps to the side and the guy slides but then the “charge” end with him sliding backwards it’s obviously he was flopping and not taking the contact with his chest square in front. It’s one of those that defies physics and it was plain to see in the open court. Refs are weirdos.

Lauri is getting more coverage inside the paint. He’s our only all star so there’s a target on his back. Diop even said he somehow knew lauris move so he was able to block him. If I’m Lauri I’ll shoot more 3s and let collins handle the rebounding.

Also I noticed keyonte almost exclusively played with Clarkson. He only spent like 1-2mins with sexton.

What a great game. This right here is why tanking sucks. So many players with huge ups and downs (Keyonte, THT, Lauri all had times where they did extremely well, and times they had some complete head scratchers).

The stretch where Key really took it to Booker by first hitting that pull-up three in his grill and next time down easily blow up for a layup was my favourite part, I think,

Fontecchio is also really starting to look like an NBA player. He'll never be a star, obviously, but I thought he did really well and I think he'll be pretty serviceable off the bench. Hats off to Ochai as well, who had a great game.