What's new

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

For those pining over Bane consider this. Had we drafted him and he made a couple of mistakes in his first game he's be buried in Quins dog house and never realize his potential. Going elsewhere was probably the best thing that ever happened for him.
You mean like Burke, DedEx, Lyles, Tony Bradley? yeah right.

You know who was actually buried in his coach's dog house and almost did not realize his potential in his rookie season? That was Gobert under Ty Corbin.

Yeah but of course we can fire Quin then let the new guy play Doke 20 min every night and see where that takes us.

For those pining over Bane consider this. Had we drafted him and he made a couple of mistakes in his first game he's be buried in Quins dog house and never realize his potential. Going elsewhere was probably the best thing that ever happened for him.

If the Jazz drafted Bane, my guess is that he'd be starting ahead of Royce.

We routinely face teams that are bigger, longer, and more athletic. We look like a team that hasn’t gotten anything out of the draft since Mitchell.

I just don’t see us going anywhere with the team constructed the way it is. We just have too many one dimensional players. True, when they get hot they can really shoot. But we need more basketball players; people who can rebound, defend, create off the dribble, run and jump. We just don’t look like a very balanced team.

Whiteside has been an upgrade. But the rest of this team looks older and slower.

When DM is having one of those 5-20 games, why not let Butler, Oni or Hughes have his minutes? I doubt they would stink as badly.

When DM is having one of those 5-20 games, why not let Butler, Oni or Hughes have his minutes? I doubt they would stink as badly.
Because butler doesn’t play defense… or he turns the ball over… it misses shots… or sucks.

So basically doing the same thing mitchell and Clarkson (especially) have been doing. But that’s okay, cuz… reasons.

Furious. ****ing refs ruined the game. I hate blaming the game on refs, but they absolutely ****ed the Jazz on a totally bogus call. ****ing amatuers.

Those offensive rebounds we gave up were just poor effort. I'm starting to think we'll never understand this.
I disagree. We struggle to secure rebounds because no one other than Rudy or whiteside can rebound. Our guards are tiny and focus on shooting and our forwards just aren’t athletic enough. Whenever we play teams that take Rudy out of the paint or have a long athletic 3/4, we always get killed on the boards.

Clarkson, Conley, and Mitchell are too small and aren’t into rebounding.
Bogey, Jingles, and gay just aren’t long band athletic enough. Royce can sorta rebound, but even he’s pretty small and is usually busy defending the perimeter. We need desperately someone like Kyle anderson, the Morrison twins, sikam, Jaren Jackson, or Jerami Grant.

This is a major problem that our front office has refused to address. I guess they think we can shoot our way out of giving up extra possessions to rebounds?

I disagree. We struggle to secure rebounds because no one other than Rudy or whiteside can rebound. Our guards are tiny and focus on shooting and our forwards just aren’t athletic enough. Whenever we play teams that take Rudy out of the paint or have a long athletic 3/4, we always get killed on the boards.

Bogey, Jingles, and gay just aren’t long band athletic enough.

This is a major problem that our front office has refused to address. I guess they think we can shoot our way out of giving up extra possessions to rebounds?
this.

It's possible to have multiple good rebounders in your lineup. what an amazing discovery

this.

It's possible to have multiple good rebounders in your lineup. what an amazing discovery
Sadly, we have 2 players who rebound. And they cannot be played at the same time. I’d seriously consider figuring out a way to olay pascal In the hopes that he can fill some sort of Draymond green role and rebound the ball with his athleticism.

I think the front office ultimately needs to sacrifice some shooting for some length and versatility to go forward. Would Bogey, Butler, and a Free vivint security system be enough to pry a
Versatile 3/4 from someone?

Have scientists invented a way to quickly clone us Shawn Marion? Cuz he’d be perfect right now.

Sadly, we have 2 players who rebound. And they cannot be played at the same time. I’d seriously consider figuring out a way to olay pascal In the hopes that he can fill some sort of Draymond green role and rebound the ball with his athleticism.

I think the front office ultimately needs to sacrifice some shooting for some length and versatility to go forward.

Have scientists invented a way to quickly clone us Shawn Marion? Cuz he’d be perfect right now.
that's why I said the Jazz should pull the trigger on Bogey. As much as fans here who loved his shot-making ability, having a below-average rebounder manning your 3/4 spot is ultimately what puts us in a corner. Having two undersized guards in your lineup isn't the worst thing in the world since a lot of good teams are doing it. You can recover from it with the other 3 guys. But there's no coming back once you are losing in size/athleticism across all 4 positions then expect your center to cover for everyone and everything.

Ultimately, GSW didn't start contending until they replaced 6'1 Monta Ellis with 6'7 Klay Thompson then insert Draymond Green into the lineup. I'm afraid that this current roster has reached its ceiling. We need a similar roster reconstruction if we don't want to waste prime Gobert/Mitchell.

I fear drafting Doka and Hughes instead of drafting bane/McDaniels ****ed up the Mitchell/Gobert era.
we won't have our first rounder this year and Jingles will likely retire at the expiration of his deal. 2020 draft was our last call really.

Bogey, Jingles, and gay just aren’t long band athletic enough. Royce can sorta rebound, but even he’s pretty small and is usually busy defending the perimeter. We need desperately someone like Kyle anderson, the Morrison twins, sikam, Jaren Jackson, or Jerami Grant.

What I've been saying for two years now.

Con - Don - and Royce will not get it done.

Too small, and Royce is ridiculously overrated by jazz fans.

Last edited: