What's new

Game Thread Nov 27, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-27-23

Shouldn’t a block count when the player gets fouled by someone else?
I guess it doesn't if that foul is judged to have preceded the block. Either that or the box score guy was blind.
But there is an argument to be made that if the offensive player is allowed to finish through a foul (so generally after a foul though he was already in his shooting motion when getting fouled) for a score that will count then a block on that shot should also count.

I guess it doesn't if that foul is judged to have preceded the block. Either that or the box score guy was blind.
But there is an argument to be made that if the offensive player is allowed to finish through a foul (so generally after a foul though he was already in his shooting motion when getting fouled) for a score that will count then a block on that shot should also count.
Missed FGA after a foul are also ignored in the box, thus the blocks are ignored as well.

Plus if you foul while blocking, you should not get credited. Also a foul by someone else than the blocker can often affect a shot making it easier to block.

I guess its just easier to ignore them altogether than have a rule that gives credit for them on some special occasions.

The last two posts are a bit contradictory but both are correct.
Well done.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Simone just sucks at shooting the ball quickly. Like you can tell the ball kind of moves in his hand too much if he tries to go too fast. At least that is what my eyes tell me. I'm sure there is some kind of tracking data for that kind of thing, but I don't think it's publicly available.

Maybe he needs to explore putting the ball on the floor more instead of just trying to be a motion shooter. Idk, he had one nice drive for a foul yesterday where he could have pulled it from 3 but drove instead
Simone or someone on the team reads JFC cuz this is what's he's been doing lately and it's working