What's new

Game Thread Nov 29, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-29-23

Not a lot of bright spots tonight unfortunately, dug ourselves a hole in the first half and then decided it wasn't deep enough. I'm going to have to go with Tech and Kessler at least showing a glimmer. Course I didn't watch the fourth so who knows. Everybody else looked to me to be totally out of whack. First sign of pressure and adversity, especially on the road and this team just folds up like a cheap suit.

Time to roll with the rooks and the pawns from G League and let the chips fall where they may IMO. Either that or if your serious about winning, actually bring in a leader.

What a weird game. We shot great from 3 but couldnt hit bunnies. Credit to Grizzlies for their hustle defense, but dear lord our touch was awful. Its like no one in the team had any feel inside the arc.

On a sidenote reading throught this thread:
@Saint Cy of JFC might have a made a record of "most dumb posts in a single thread" digging his heels in on Kessler while either defending or mostly ignoring how bad THT was. Talk about scapegoating someone to save face.

Kessler finished the game with 9 points on 11 FGA (which is bad), but at least he had 8 rebounds, 7 stocks, 0 fouls and even had 2 assists.

THT finished with 5 points on 12 FGA (say that again?), 0 FTA, 4 rebounds, 2 stocks and just 1 assist more than Kessler had (!!!!), and was a complete flow/momentum killer all game (Sexton being the Robin to his Batman in this aspect).

What a weird game. We shot great from 3 but couldnt hit bunnies. Credit to Grizzlies for their hustle defense, but dear lord our touch was awful. Its like no one in the team had any feel inside the arc.

On a sidenote reading throught this thread:
@Saint Cy of JFC might have a made a record of "most dumb posts in a single thread" digging his heels in on Kessler while either defending or mostly ignoring how bad THT was. Talk about scapegoating someone to save face.

Kessler finished the game with 9 points on 11 FGA (which is bad), but at least he had 8 rebounds, 7 stocks, 0 fouls and even had 2 assists.

THT finished with 5 points on 12 FGA (say that again?), 0 FTA, 4 rebounds, 2 stocks and just 1 assist more than Kessler had (!!!!), and was a complete flow/momentum killer all game (Sexton being the Robin to his Batman in this aspect).
Brother I made post about how THT shouldn't be the primary 2nd unit ballhandler...

Y'all love bitching about me so much I swear. Even got a random new account "mute_cy"

And I didn't scapegoat Kessler. I don't think we would have won if Kessler played well and I don't think we lost because he played poorly. The whole team played ****, that's why the Jazz lost. The Jazz aren't good enough to have a single player ruin the team's chance of winning.

However..... Kessler is going to get harsher criticism because the expectations for him are higher.

You know, I used my lunch break for eating and watching the 2nd and 4th from the game. Reading these comments, it sounds I will not bother to look up the rest of it. The level of badness this team can show on the road games is quite telling. When you lack both ball handlers and natural leaders, this is what you get.

IMO Lauri should take long time off to make sure the hamstring won't aggravate. This team has no chance to compete in most away games, as long there are no natural leaders and more reliable ball handlers.

And I didn't scapegoat Kessler. I don't think we would have won if Kessler played well and I don't think we lost because he played poorly. The whole team played ****, that's why the Jazz lost. The Jazz aren't good enough to have a single player ruin the team's chance of winning.

However..... Kessler is going to get harsher criticism because the expectations for him are higher.
Dude. The post I called you out on was #146 in this thread. Lets do a recap of the "Walker hate posts" before that.... Total of 11 (all linked below). I bet thats over 50% of your total posts here (wont count, but I doubt you challenge that).

And that "Kessler gets harsher criticism for higher expectations" is such BS. You had high expectations for THT that if you followed that logic, we should find at least 15 critical THT takes in this thread.
We need to ban Walker from shooting 3's
Watching Walker offensively is a chore to say the least. Yurtseven has been a breath of fresh air having a center who is a bit more offensively capable.
The most damning thing about Kessler is that he still never gets to the FT line. A 7' center should be able to get the line more often than he is able to. He is too in love with the finesse game when he doesnt have finesse game.
Remember when people thought Walker Kessler had elite tier hands?

That was funny times.
Walker missed two bunnies in a row. Wide open layup. Good god. I want that same energy yall got for THT
Walker kessler taking jumpers is elite tier tanking
It's sad when Walker rolls he doesnt even open up for the ball. He makes himself smaller. You can tell he has no confidence.
Elite tier tanking. Win some games at home to keep the paying fans happy. Lose games on the road by having Walker Kessler shoot jumpers.
Wild that Walker can't dunk those as a 22 year old
Kessler is tragic. Team USA ruined his confidence.
homeless man's Rudy

I think this was just a bad game. We've unfortunately had too many of them early in the season, but I'm not sure there is much to take away from it. We were missing layups and easy shots. It just wasn't our night. When Lauri is out we really need everyone else to be efficient and we were the opposite.

Kessler did look pretty bad on offense. Sometimes he seems to have pretty good feel and touch, and other times it seems like he's never held a basketball before. Maybe he is working on expanding his game a little, and it's not going to look pretty in the process, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a guy we want to have the ball away from the basket.

When Alex Jensen was here it felt like one of his core philosophies for developing bigs was to keep them in a box and strengthen what they were already good at, maybe at the expense of letting them expand their game too much. I think there were some advantages and disadvantages to that philosophy.

Dude. The post I called you out on was #146 in this thread. Lets do a recap of the "Walker hate posts" before that.... Total of 11 (all linked below). I bet thats over 50% of your total posts here (wont count, but I doubt you challenge that).

And that "Kessler gets harsher criticism for higher expectations" is such BS. You had high expectations for THT that if you followed that logic, we should find at least 15 critical THT takes in this thread.
Didn't know I had to balance out my post for every player. Y'all are so damn weird.

I think this was just a bad game. We've unfortunately had too many of them early in the season, but I'm not sure there is much to take away from it. We were missing layups and easy shots. It just wasn't our night. When Lauri is out we really need everyone else to be efficient and we were the opposite.

Kessler did look pretty bad on offense. Sometimes he seems to have pretty good feel and touch, and other times it seems like he's never held a basketball before. Maybe he is working on expanding his game a little, and it's not going to look pretty in the process, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a guy we want to have the ball away from the basket.

When Alex Jensen was here it felt like one of his core philosophies for developing bigs was to keep them in a box and strengthen what they were already good at, maybe at the expense of letting them expand their game too much. I think there were some advantages and disadvantages to that philosophy.
The thing about Kessler is he isn't good enough inside to just keep him inside so Utah is trying to expand his game. At the end of the day the Jazz aren't trying to win so it's NBD, but having shoot when he is obviously not ready to seems counterproductive

The fact is Kessler looked good last year when Utah had a really spaced floor. If we can get that for him again, great. But if he doesn't have that he's a negative on offense.

Well that sucked.
I don't know whose minutes to cut or how to get him on the court more but I wish ochai was getting more burn.
Ochai is averaging 18.9 minutes per game.
As a rookie, when he was almost didn't play at all early in the season, he averaged 20.5 minutes per game.
I guess last year at the end Clarkson and Sexton were missing games so maybe that's why he got more minutes.
IDK. Just wish he was playing more.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk