What's new

Novak has appendectomy

Sorry to hear that. By all accounts he is a good teammate and a decent human being. He had a lot of camaraderie with his teammates.

He was professional about being traded, but I think it bothered him. It was on twitter that he got after Enes for causing a scene and getting them traded because it made Steve's wife cry.

I wish him and his family well.

Sorry to hear that. By all accounts he is a good teammate and a decent human being. He had a lot of camaraderie with his teammates.

He was professional about being traded, but I think it bothered him. It was on twitter that he got after Enes for causing a scene and getting them traded because it made Steve's wife cry.

I wish him and his family well.

Could you link to any tweets about this? I hadn't heard that, although it's very understandable how a player changing teams during the season would be tough on players' families.

Not really anything to do with his condition and I've said this before but I think the Novak addition and subtraction was kind of underrated move by DL. Gained a Knicks second-rounder for Diante Garrett, who now is playing for the Iowa Energy.

Could you link to any tweets about this? I hadn't heard that, although it's very understandable how a player changing teams during the season would be tough on players' families.

It was the day after the trade, I read it on hoopshype twitter stream. It was tweeted by an OKC writer or reporter. I thought I pasted it in one of the hate on Kan'ter threads. I will look.

But the gist of it was... The two players were together when Enes said something about how strange it was to be traded....Novak jumped in and reportedly said something like "Don't say that, we're here because you opened your mouth. And you made my wife cry when I told her I'd been traded." Maybe it was a joke, hard to tell tone from tweets.

It was the day after the trade, I read it on hoopshype twitter stream. It was tweeted by an OKC writer or reporter. I thought I pasted it in one of the hate on Kan'ter threads. I will look.

But the gist of it was... The two players were together when Enes said something about how strange it was to be traded....Novak jumped in and reportedly said something like "Don't say that, we're here because you opened your mouth. And you made my wife cry when I told her I'd been traded." Maybe it was a joke, hard to tell tone from tweets.

I'm pretty sure Novak would have been traded regardless - it was pretty obvious Jazz were showcasing him before the deadline. Fringe playoff teams are always suckers for dead-eye shooters - no matter how one-dimensional they are.

It was a joke.

Yes, it was. He also referred to that comment by Ergul about the claim Kanter was the best player of his generation. He got his jabs in. I do think he was a bit sad about leaving, though. He and Ingles had developed a pretty good friendship.

We were definitely looking to trade him to free up cap space. So ultimately a good move by DL to gain an additional pick for taking him on. Pretty risky, though. There was a good chance we were going to have to give up a pick to dump him this summer.

I had an appendectomy in December. The pain is unreal before and right after surgery. I'd say two weeks is a pretty optimistic timetable for a return based on my experience, but I guess Novak can afford top-of-the-line care. I couldn't even jog for about 4 weeks after it.

I had an appendectomy in December. The pain is unreal before and right after surgery. I'd say two weeks is a pretty optimistic timetable for a return based on my experience, but I guess Novak can afford top-of-the-line care. I couldn't even jog for about 4 weeks after it.

Rudy was back at practice a week later. Further proof his is not human.