What's new

now here's a good topic to discuss in the off-season

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Contributor
Levi is sorry he apologized, it was a lie and he's never lied

well, I guess the old adage still holds true - - never say never

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100826/ap_on_en_ot/us_tv_levi_johnston

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Levi Johnston, the father of Sarah Palin's grandson, says he wishes he hadn't apologized for telling lies about the former Alaska governor because he's "never lied about anything."

Johnston said in an interview on CBS' "The Early Show" to air Friday that he wishes that he hadn't issued the apology to Palin.

"I don't really regret anything," Johnston said, who has appeared nude on the cover of Playgirl. "But the only thing I wish I wouldn't have done is put out that apology 'cause it kind of makes me sound like a liar. And I've never lied about anything...."

I guess we all know where his brains are!

I'm starting to think it may really be a shame Mrs. Palin didn't get elected to national office. Watching these sorts of shenanigans would probably instill fear into even the most hardened of our enemies.

well, I see we didn't get far with Levi!

so here's another attempt:

God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6811FN20100902

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

Hawking, 68, who won global recognition with his 1988 book "A Brief History of Time," an account of the origins of the universe, is renowned for his work on black holes, cosmology and quantum gravity.

Since 1974, the scientist has worked on marrying the two cornerstones of modern physics -- Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which concerns gravity and large-scale phenomena, and quantum theory, which covers subatomic particles.

His latest comments suggest he has broken away from previous views he has expressed on religion. Previously, he wrote that the laws of physics meant it was simply not necessary to believe that God had intervened in the Big Bang.

I'm not quite sure where intelligent design falls on this spectrum though!

or if there really is such a thing after all...

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

Does this even make sense? If there is nothing, as in no matter to interact with each other, the law of gravity never comes into play. By it's very definition you need to have something for the law of gravity to work.