What's new

Now that we drafted Burke, should they throw money at Chauncey Billups??

PrinceJL

Now that there's no need for a starting PG in free agency, what better mentor for Burke AND Burks (CU brothers) is Billups?
We need to spend 20M this summer so what about a 2/8M for Billups, 2/10M MAX if there's competition to sign him...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
We want this young lineup to play together, develop together and lose together. Just imagine this group PLUS a #5-#7 pick next season. Now imagine the same scenario PLUS adding a very good veteran (or two) or an additional lottery pcik at the deadline when teams come looking to the Jazz to absorb salary. But it will be too late in the season to substantially influence the pick, regardless of who the Jazz acquire.

We want this young lineup to play together, develop together and lose together. Just imagine this group PLUS a #5-#7 pick next season. Now imagine the same scenario PLUS adding a very good veteran (or two) or an additional lottery pcik at the deadline when teams come looking to the Jazz to absorb salary. But it will be too late in the season to substantially influence the pick, regardless of who the Jazz acquire.

I agree with you, and I hope the Jazz do it. I fear any vet signing at the moment, but I would rather have burke play behind billups than Watson. I do not want another milt palacio situation.

I'd rather have Jarret Jack

Jack would get more time w/ Billups.

They're gonna have so spend money this summer to meet the floor & Billups is said to be a great leader and he already know Burks.

We will wind up starting whichever vet we choose. I would be okay with billups on a short term contract.

I think Billups is just good enough, along with the "vet treatement" TyCorb provides, to edge out Burke for playing time. Maybe someone mildly less talented/tenured.

I think Billups is just good enough, along with the "vet treatement" TyCorb provides, to edge out Burke for playing time. Maybe someone mildly less talented/tenured.

We played milt palacio over deron Williams. In my opinion, The likelihood of the jazz starting Burke is not good.

We want this young lineup to play together, develop together and lose together. Just imagine this group PLUS a #5-#7 pick next season.
I don't want to pierce your bubble but half of the NBA will be tanking next season. It appears like Atlanta, Phillies, Boston will join the usual suspects in East alone.