What's new

Now What??? Jazz Summer Plan B

mellow

Now that he is gone, what do the jazz do?

Luis Scola
Carl Landry
Marvin Wiliiams
Michael Beesely
Brad Miller

Is the more pressing need a center or power forward?

Depends on if they plan on resigning Fes, if not, then I'd say center. AK can play 15 minutes at PF just fine.

Now that he is gone, what do the jazz do?

Luis Scola
Carl Landry
Marvin Wiliiams
Michael Beesely
Brad Miller

Is the more pressing need a center or power forward?

The jazz don't need any of these players. What we need is a center so we should focus on brendan haywood.

I've always loved Scola. But we extended Millsap with the assumption that this day would come so going after any of those guys you mention seems moot and like a dumb financial decision.

Let's see how Millsap does with 32 mpg (he may surprise us with 19/10), let AK expire (unless we can trade him) and be wise with our cap space. Gasol's out there next summer and I would be a little surprised to see them re-sign him to a big deal after they just maxed out Gay.

Jazz had no choice. They could not match Boozer. Jazz would have sent their payroll into chaos for years with no way to get better.

I would stay put, and wait for the perfect opportunity. We can win plenty of games with this roster, until the February trade deadline. Our only chance of winning a championship is keeping Deron, and our only hope to keep Deron is freeing up the $ to go after the "perfect" Center for our teams needs. Not sure who that is, but Tomic would probably fit. Haywood would be serviceable, and perhaps great, on our team...but only if Memo stays to provide enough scoring at the 4/5 spots. Haywood and Memo together on the front line would not be too bad. Though it's not the perfect scenario either. Memo needs to play 4 spot (only) going forward, and probably come off the bench if we can get a defensive minded Center who's decent enough to start.

Who are next summer's top free agents? I realize it's tough to sign free agents to Utah, but if AK re-ups for much less, Memo is off the books, and possibly some others...we could be in the best position of any team to offer a Max Contract.