What's new

NY Knicks

Fabtrey

lol. how da hell they have worse records than us? and they are in the leastern conference! :confused:

my guess

1. melo the hog not making anybody around him better
2. awful coaching
3. felton awful at point guard
4. bad defensive effort
5. no depth
6. streaky shooting
7. bad rebounding
8. no clear cut #2
9. pressure from media
10. ball doesn't move (bad assisting team, melo hogging the ball)
11. injuries
12. no clear cut #3
13. chandler lost his defensive mojo
14. amare - bad contract nightmare
15. bad rotation

everything has gone wrong. there is zero team element. it's all one on one iso and bad jumpers. on paper, they are still very talented team. they won 50+ games last year. but man i've never seen more disappointing team in years.

this team is the proof it takes a team work and good coaching to win in this league.
athleticism is overrated. basketball is 5 on 5. ball needs to move, players gotta play tough D, and gotta play smart. look at the Bulls. on paper they should be 15-20 game below .500 after losing d rose and deng. they wanted to tank, so they shipped deng, their best player on offense. but somehow they keep winning. why? because they play the game right way. and they have a coach who knows how to coach.

honestly, this league has too many NY knicks. i know players are bigger and faster, and athleticism is through the roof. go watch some JR smith highlight. he can still fly. Melo is probably top 3 one on one player. he can drop 40 any given night. talent is undeniable. but just sit down and watch them play basketball. it's unbearable. wow. I've watched 4 knicks games in past 2 weeks. it's mindbogglingly bad. how in the world woodson still has job is beyond my comprehension.

i've been watching too many bad NBA games in past few years. it's horrible. sometimes i wish i was a fan of Heat or any other winning organization. it must be joy to watch top contender every night.

i've been watching NBA religiously since 1985. I miss the league when every night I was watching good team effort. Watched every games available on my TV. teams played hard. Mark Price's Cavs lack talents on paper, but they played hard. fundamentals were important. balls didn't move side to side. players played without the ball. watching stockton creating offense for karl was a beauty. spacing was great. ISO ball was still rare. it was all about creating offense for each other. on defense, guys like Joe Dumars, jeff hornacek gave it all every damn night.

from AAU to college - these talented players aren't getting coached enough, aren't getting coached properly. something must happen or there will be too many NY knicks and not enough san antonio spurs.

should kids stay college till 21? should NBA go back to hand checking, no zone league? i don't know. i just hope i get some good old basketball games every now and then.

now this is a team that is worth rooting for. too bad i hate the bulls
https://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489743

just look at the talent on paper. dunleavy? gibson? hinrich? i always like noah's game, but he is all intensity and effort. in a way he is an old school player. like modern day laimbeer. boozer? boozer still doesn't play defense. jimmy butler? this kid is ok. serviceable player. dj augustin was a great find, but he is still a back up.

and yet they are winning and will make the playoffs. they have some impressive wins too. they are probably top 3 defensive team in the league. and Thibs is top 2 coach in the league. and more i think about this, more i want corbin gone.

The Knicks are a dumpster fire.....and a tire fire all rolled into one! They have more hip hop knot-heads on that team than any ever assembled in NBA history! They are led by probably the most selfish and overrated player in NBA history, Crymello Anthony, and that's saying something! JR Smith was brain dead when he came out of his mothers womb! IF they win another game this season....it would be a miracle of epic proportions! Personally, I think it's all the jailhouse tat ink that's effected there basketball brain cells!

Knicks are currently the biggest trash can in the entire NBA. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A PICK....SO THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING THEIR BEST TO WIN! and to top it off they play in the east!

that's pathetic!