What's new

Obamacare to increase premiums by 304 percent???

You'll have to explain that one. There is a new tax on pharmaceuticals. Not that that necessarily lowers the cost.

What it doesn't do is reduce the amount we subsidize the world for very expensive new drugs. I personally prefer some sort of legislation that forces pharma to sell us drugs at the same price as the lowest agreed upon price outside our borders. No reason we should subsidize their defense and their h.c.
Those taxes will be passed on to the consumer. When they increase the tax on tobacco companies cigarette prices increase. It will be the same for pharmaceuticals.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2013/05/25/obamacare-will-bring-drug-industry-35-billion-in-profits/
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/09/us/politics/e-mails-reveal-extent-of-obamas-deal-with-industry-on-health-care.html?_r=3&ref=politics&

You'll have to explain that one. There is a new tax on pharmaceuticals. Not that that necessarily lowers the cost.

What it doesn't do is reduce the amount we subsidize the world for very expensive new drugs. I personally prefer some sort of legislation that forces pharma to sell us drugs at the same price as the lowest agreed upon price outside our borders. No reason we should subsidize their defense and their h.c.

Best thought in the thread. Too much money hinges on this so it would never happen, but it would be huge.

Just used a calculator for aca coverage costs on kff.com. Looks like my coverage for a family of three will decrease in cost by 29% next year through "obamacare". Damn president. Saving me money on my already admittedly inexpensive healthcare plan.

Seriously though, what is all the fuss about? I do not see the rising costs of healthcare. In all my interactions with insurance agents and healthcare lately, I have noticed things being less expensive, and not the other way around. Granted, mine is anecdotal evidence, but I have not seen any hard evidence pointing to the "health care will go up 300%" garbage.

Just used a calculator for aca coverage costs on kff.com. Looks like my coverage for a family of three will decrease in cost by 29% next year through "obamacare". Damn president. Saving me money on my already admittedly inexpensive healthcare plan.

Seriously though, what is all the fuss about? I do not see the rising costs of healthcare. In all my interactions with insurance agents and healthcare lately, I have noticed things being less expensive, and not the other way around. Granted, mine is anecdotal evidence, but I have not seen any hard evidence pointing to the "health care will go up 300%" garbage.

Have no idea who your employer is, but for us it is going up around 50% (35% for the employee, 15% for the company is the way they are splitting it out). I work for a very large internet retailer.

Not only has my insurance gone up a huge amount since Obamacare passed, but my coverage has decreased dramatically. It seems pretty difficult to believe that you're going in the opposite direction because I've had conversations with many people who are experiencing things similar to me, and nobody who falls into your category. Were you previously uninsurable or nearly uninsurable?

I went to the doc today.... same 15 dollar co pay...... same 5 dollar prescription

You guys realize that Insurance Companies are except from anti-trust laws.

Insurance Companies wrote Obama Care.

Insurance Companies profit in the BILLIONS every year.

Insurance Companies spend more on lobbyists than anyone else.

Insurance Companies own the politicians.

Remember when no one had insurance and EVERYONE could afford health care?

Follow the money, not what CNN/MSN/FOX tell you.

I hate insurance.
When I'm playing blackjack and the dealer has an ace showing and asks if I want insurance, **** no is alwaysy my answer.

Then I get asked to leave the table for saying ****

Exempt

Move to a high deductible plan and a health savings account. You will save money and you will save money.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];663602 said:
(Boler gave him crabs again)
I've always wanted to get crabs just so that I could give it to someone. It would make a great birthday present.

Not only has my insurance gone up a huge amount since Obamacare passed, but my coverage has decreased dramatically. It seems pretty difficult to believe that you're going in the opposite direction because I've had conversations with many people who are experiencing things similar to me, and nobody who falls into your category. Were you previously uninsurable or nearly uninsurable?

No we have had insurance. It has decreased for the same coverage each of the last three years. Three years ago we could not afford the private insurance at the same coverage leveled have now. Last year our premium was $8400, this year $6,000, next year with obamacare it will e $4100 for the same coverage (after subsidies)

Again, this is just my experience. I find it hard to believe that healthcare costs will go up 300 percent or more.

No we have had insurance. It has decreased for the same coverage each of the last three years. Three years ago we could not afford the private insurance at the same coverage leveled have now. Last year our premium was $8400, this year $6,000, next year with obamacare it will e $4100 for the same coverage (after subsidies)

Again, this is just my experience. I find it hard to believe that healthcare costs will go up 300 percent or more.
You really don't see why people who have worked hard and don't qualify for those subsidies are pissed off that they can no longer afford health insurance. You're just rubbing salt into a wound, bro.

You really don't see why people who have worked hard and don't qualify for those subsidies are pissed off that they can no longer afford health insurance. You're just rubbing salt into a wound, bro.

So I haven't worked hard? And who ever said they had to get the healthcare on the exchange? You are welcome to stick with your current provider. Mine will still offer the same great price to me if I stay.

How is that salt to your wound? If you don't qualify for the subsidy, then you can obviously afford the coverage. I say that because I can afford the coverage, and I make a fair amount of money. I am by no means rich, but far from poverty stricken.

So I haven't worked hard? And who ever said they had to get the healthcare on the exchange? You are welcome to stick with your current provider. Mine will still offer the same great price to me if I stay.

How is that salt to your wound? If you don't qualify for the subsidy, then you can obviously afford the coverage. I say that because I can afford the coverage, and I make a fair amount of money. I am by no means rich, but far from poverty stricken.

I never said you didn't work hard. I said that some people have worked hard and earn enough not to qualify for subsidies. You seem to think that they are lying to you when they say their premiums have gone up dramatically. You should just admit that you don't give a **** about them and are for the law because it happens to benefit you. Don't get all bent out of shape when people are against it because it isn't good for them.

I never said you didn't work hard. I said that some people have worked hard and earn enough not to qualify for subsidies. You seem to think that they are lying to you when they say their premiums have gone up dramatically. You should just admit that you don't give a **** about them and are for the law because it happens to benefit you. Don't get all bent out of shape when people are against it because it isn't good for them.

I do think people are lying when they say their premiums are going up 300%. That can not be true. Either they are lying or they just have not done the research. I am for the act be cause I genuinely think it will lower healthcare costs across the board.

I do think people are lying when they say their premiums are going up 300%. That can not be true. Either they are lying or they just have not done the research. I am for the act be cause I genuinely think it will lower healthcare costs across the board.

Do you think I am lying when I say that my brother in law had his hours cut in half so that he isn't considered a full time employee. That his company did this in order to avoid the penalties associated with not providing health insurance. If the government wants to insure people that is fine, but the way this bill forces people to buy a commodity many of them can't afford is asinine. The penalty should be just enough to offset the child tax credit so that they will actually be doing worse off. He currently works 2 part time jobs(it's all he has been able to find) and couldn't afford insurance if it was $50 a month. I think alot of people who are in his boat and have few skills will start to wonder what the hell they even bother for. There is definitely a subset of the population that obamacare will benefit(myself included)but that doesn't invalidate that the law is hurting other people.

Do you think I am lying when I say that my brother in law had his hours cut in half so that he isn't considered a full time employee. That his company did this in order to avoid the penalties associated with not providing health insurance. If the government wants to insure people that is fine, but the way this bill forces people to buy a commodity many of them can't afford is asinine. The penalty should be just enough to offset the child tax credit so that they will actually be doing worse off. He currently works 2 part time jobs(it's all he has been able to find) and couldn't afford insurance if it was $50 a month. I think alot of people who are in his boat and have few skills will start to wonder what the hell they even bother for. There is definitely a subset of the population that obamacare will benefit(myself included)but that doesn't invalidate that the law is hurting other people.

I don't understand the law that well, or understand the reasoning companies have behind doing that. All I am saying is that the numbers being thrown out by some are outrageous and obviously wrong. Your bros situation sucks. But if he really is that poor, he would probably qualify for huge subsidies on healthcare. Probably ( in a lot of states) would be covered by the expanded Medicaid coverage being rolled out?