What's new

Game Thread Oct 19, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 10-19-22

I know it's a long season and I've beat the horse into hamburger about how badly I want the Jazz to lose this year, BUT, I already believe the Jazz knocked it out of the park with this signing.
I’m not gonna cry about beating the nuggets. I also feel vindicated immediately for saying we’d be much better than most think… the recipe was almost exactly what I said… have a good shooting night and play hard… you win 30 games that way.

Good news is stock is up for Gay and Conley… Beasley too… just need one desperate team to give something up nd we will be right in the thick of the tank race. It’s can’t buy our own bull **** too much.

I mean both Brooklyn and the Sixers lost +1 for that pick
Minnesota needed ALL the heroics from Rudy to beat (checks notes) OKC. . .

Maybe all is NOT lost. . .

Zach Lowe said that the Jazz will be the least watchable team in th league: The Utah Jazz aren’t really a team…..They are an airport waiting area for players, only those players have to play together a bit because the NBA mandates the Jazz field a team instead of working together ‘Ocean’s Eleven’-style to rig the lottery,” he wrote.

What a tool:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Denver's defense was really soft tonight. They didn't cut off driving lanes, they left perimeter shooters, they didn't box out for rebounds. Jazz were able to drive and kick effectively. Jazz won't score like this against most teams.

Last edited:
It was fun to clear for. I was just expecting the Nuggets to figure us out and steal the win late.

It just goes to show what competing is all about. Screw the big names and the bright lights. Go out and compete and you can take on anyone.

Having said that, I want the absolute best draft pick we have ever had on the team next year. Tonight may mean I won't get my wish.

It was fun to clear for. I was just expecting the Nuggets to figure us out and steal the win late.

It just goes to show what competing is all about. Screw the big names and the bright lights. Go out and compete and you can take on anyone.

Having said that, I want the absolute best draft pick we have ever had on the team next year. Tonight may mean I won't get my wish.
They swapped out a few parts and will be better once Murray clicks in, but man they might miss Monte Morris and Will Barton if KCP stays invisible.

Difference between Mitchell and Sexton is Mitchell's drive would have been blocked.
The funny thing is that Jokic was playing way off him and he still beat him. Watching the game thinking I don’t think Mitchell was ever that fast! Of course, in all fairness, Sexton still has a long way to go to catch Mitchell in the skill/bag of tricks category.