What's new

Game Thread Oct 20, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 10-20-21

Yes, which is why I am surprised to see soo many people saying easy win and taking for granted that the Jazz will just walk through this OKC game with no trouble. Yes the Jazz should win but last year they played OKC in Utah the home opener and barely won by 5, 95-100 and then the second meeting is the Dort game again in Utah and OKC won 104 to 90.

But also welcome back.... again.... Faves
It won't be easy imo. Teams play hard to start the season and OKC generally plays really hard and has some good athletes. SGA can go off and they can make you play an ugly game. That said they have some guys that will play that might be young and talented but will be detrimental to winning basketball games. If we shoot well its a blowout. If we shoot terribly we likely win an ugly game.

The game they almost beat us last year they had Al Horford who always causes issues for us. I am guessing we win by 10 or more against this crew but most will complain if it isn't 20+

Lol looking at the box score from the lakers game last night (that they lost). Lebron was super efficient and amazing and had 34 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists. AD was super efficient and amazing and had 33 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.
Then you have the new amazing addition of Russell westbrick. 4-13 (0-4 from 3), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 turnovers and an astounding negative 23 while on the court. BY FAR the worst plus/minus of anyone on either team. Love to see that.

Our 2nd string was pretty good last season but this season - it's so nasty. I'm going to look forward to watching them crush opposing teams. I can already see the tears in OKCs eyes.

I don’t see a natural spot for Butler to play in our rotation if he’s not taking the Niang minutes. Maybe he gets a 3 minute stint to break up Joe’s rotation?

I think most people want to see minutes taken from Conley, which makes sense, but it’s not like you can give Butler one minute of each of Conely’s three rotations at a time.

Maybe he takes one of Conley’s full 5-6 minute rotations in the first half but doesn’t get it in the second half?

If we look at the last preseason game, he took some of Conley’s middle rotation and some from Mitchell in the first half. I don’t see him taking Mitchell’s minutes but maybe he keeps that 2-4 minutes from Conley each half.

Last edited:
I don’t see a natural spot for Butler to play in our rotation if he’s not taking the Niang minutes. Maybe he gets a 3 minute stint to break up Joe’s rotation?

I think most people want to see minutes taken from Conley, which makes sense, but it’s not like you can give Butler one minute of each of Conely’s three rotations at a time.

Maybe he takes one of Conley’s full 5-6 minute rotations in the first half but doesn’t get it in the second half?

If we look at the last preseason game, he took some of Conley’s middle rotation and some from Mitchell in the first half. I don’t see him taking Mitchell’s minutes but maybe he keeps that 2-4 minutes from Conley each half.

It could be that he'll take Niang's minutes until Gay gets back, or maybe they'll split them between him and Paschall?

I don't either but i think there has been some chatter (cough Locke cough) about Joe being a 4... I mean it really doesn't matter what you call it tbh. So you might see like JC, JB, Don or Mike, Joe, Whiteside? Maybe Joe subs early for Royce and Royce is the 4 in that lineup?

IDK but I think they may just go uber small to get the kid on the floor. He might also just get like one 4 minute stint in the first half and then garbage time after that when everyone is healthy. Its tricky to see how he gets PT when Don, Joe, Mike, JC are all healthy and available.

Lol looking at the box score from the lakers game last night (that they lost). Lebron was super efficient and amazing and had 34 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists. AD was super efficient and amazing and had 33 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.
Then you have the new amazing addition of Russell westbrick. 4-13 (0-4 from 3), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 turnovers and an astounding negative 23 while on the court. BY FAR the worst plus/minus of anyone on either team. Love to see that.
Imagine if they had kept KCP and the pick and then done the Hield trade. Lebron is a great player but a mediocre GM. They will get some benefit from RW in the regular season to help carry the load, but he lowers their ceiling imo... maybe they can figure it out.

I don't either but i think there has been some chatter (cough Locke cough) about Joe being a 4... I mean it really doesn't matter what you call it tbh. So you might see like JC, JB, Don or Mike, Joe, Whiteside? Maybe Joe subs early for Royce and Royce is the 4 in that lineup?

IDK but I think they may just go uber small to get the kid on the floor. He might also just get like one 4 minute stint in the first half and then garbage time after that when everyone is healthy. Its tricky to see how he gets PT when Don, Joe, Mike, JC are all healthy and available.

I personally don't mind, but Conley+Butler+JC+Ingles is really small and that would be his main lineup if he just slid into the Niang rotation. At that point, he would be just a spot up shooter anyways because there are 3 guys who all want the ball ahead of him. It also seems unlikely to me because Paschall got that Niang rotation every time in the preseason and Oni even got Joe's rotation when he sat the last preseason game.

My bet is that he's getting half of one of Conley's rotations each half. Maybe just in the first half if the game is close. It's just hard to find him minutes because our guards are some of our best players and we weren't pushing their minutes to begin with.

My favorite part is how they let Curry and Bjelica BOTH get double digit rebounds on them. THAT is the part I'd be circling in my next coach's meeting. That is just being lazy.

Im pretty excited bros (even though I will have to watch on my phone while working lol). This is the year. Someone needs to make a championship thread for the season.

My favorite part is how they let Curry and Bjelica BOTH get double digit rebounds on them. THAT is the part I'd be circling in my next coach's meeting. That is just being lazy.
I was surprised they got out rebounded. I didn’t see that coming.

Im pretty excited bros (even though I will have to watch on my phone while working lol). This is the year. Someone needs to make a championship thread for the season.
If I had more time I’d make a badass one with photoshop (i.e. MS Paint).