What's new

Game Thread Oct 21, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Timberwolves

Added to Calendar: 10-21-22

Well this scrappy team did it again. No one and I mean No one had the Jazz be 2-0 against two teams people are predicting to via for the Western Conference Championship. I don't know what to think. I am always happy when the Jazz win but I was ready for a losing season to get a high draft pick. I know it is only two games but I am shocked so far.

Beasley wasn’t having any of the tanking talk during the off-season. I bet a bunch of the guys are rallying around that. They aren’t trying to lose.

That was a crazy game. The Timberwolves have a lot of talent but they just don’t know how to play….they do not look like a well coached team but that might just be the result of having young/dumb guards leading the way. Defensively they play really dumb and offensively they are totally dependent on their talent. There’s no flow to their game.

But you can’t shortchange the Jazz again. They hustled all night and hit so many timely shots. Olynyk was huge before he fouled out. This team knows they can’t defend straight up, so they’re creating a ton of turnovers and that’s perfect for a guy like Vando. That’s how he held the TWolves defense together last year.

It’s so refreshing to see a team without a set rotation. Quin would stick to his guns no matter what. There are more open ended decisions to be made on this team, but it was frustrating to know that nothing that happened in the game would ever change Quin’s decision making. Hardy is playing it by ear. So far, so good. I’m sure there will be a decision down the line that looks wrong in in hindsight, but it’s more fun to watch a coach that’s actually coaching during the game.

Have to say it again….Lauri is freaking good. He was huge on defense again guarding elite players. Offensively he did not shoot the ball well and still made a big impact. He was awesome tonight.

Beasley wasn’t having any of the tanking talk during the off-season. I bet a bunch of the guys are rallying around that. They aren’t trying to lose.
well they sure as **** want to win. You can see it in they play, they are out there trying their damn best and trust each other.