What's new

Game Thread Oct 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-25-23

I may be nuts, but I think the Jazz win this one. I think we should have better bench production than the Kings, unless Monk somehow goes nuclear. We should also have a bit of a rebounding advantage. We need good games from Lauri and Jordan offensively.

Nuts it is. Didn't realize we were going to give up 51 3PAs.

My takeaways:

Jazz defense is horrible. Kings carved it up all night, didn't matter who was out there or what scheme we ran.
Jazz offense is also horrible. Very little advantage was gained all night. It was mostly shooting contested shots. That's a hard way to make a living out there.

3 more tough games coming up. This might be a long season.

On the plus side, Keyonte looked like he belonged on the court. That was very nice to see. Collins looked pretty good. So some bright spots. I think a lot of the issues we are having are coaching related. We just aren't doing much effective teamwork on either side of the flkior.

Colin Sexton is an undersized, ball-dominant guard with tunnel vision, who also doesn't shoot 3s. That would make him like a smaller version of Elfrid Payton.

Kris Dunn is functionally similar to Trent Forrest. He defends, distributes and drives. He doesn't shoot enough volume for it to matter whether he makes shots.

This game is the evidence #1 we need to start Kris Dunn. I doubt we will not. This season is going to be about development and trying to see whether we get traded THT or Collin Sexton or both. The org. needs them to throw in stat lines. But we need Kris Dunn or the better shooting teams will obliterate our back-court.

That was a straight up beat down, not many silver linings from that game. It's questionable if this team is more talented than last year's team (before injuries), but the roster definitely does not fit together as well. Lot's of overlapping skillsets and guys that get in the way of each other.
So many drives to nowhere… paint is packed.. so many dribble into a meh shot possessions.

This game is the evidence #1 we need to start Kris Dunn. I dout we will. This season is going to be about development and trying to see whether we get traded THT or Collin Sexton or both. The org. needs them to throw in stat lnies. Nut we need Kris Dunn vr the etter shooting teams will obliterate our back-court.
Kris was bad tonight

I would hand the keys to Keyonte and let him learn to play with our bigs. He can then play with a secondary playmaker to take a bit of pressure off. Jazz may as well get him reps.

So many drives to nowhere… paint is packed.. so many dribble into a meh shot possessions.

I feel like the spacing is not great to begin with, but we're not exactly getting explosive drives to begin with. Our guards don't have the threat of shooting off the dribble. That combined with next to no off ball movement makes us so predictable. The defense was straight up terrible tonight though. Even Kessler got his **** pushed in by McGee.

And how does Kessler become more than broke man’s Gobert? Because if it’s just gonna be the same story if we ever make the playoffs and have a decent team I’d rather just move on before then.

And how does Kessler become more than broke man’s Gobert? Because if it’s just gonna be the same story if we ever make the playoffs and have a decent team I’d rather just move on before then.

I think he's more like a bouncier version of Brook Lopez with less post-up game.