What's new

Game Thread Oct 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-25-23

Also note: THT started, but he didn't play starter minutes. However, the same could be said of Walker Kessler tonight.

And how does Kessler become more than broke man’s Gobert? Because if it’s just gonna be the same story if we ever make the playoffs and have a decent team I’d rather just move on before then.
Starting him with Collins is a big hinderance to his development. Ideally we trade Olynyk and bring Collins off the bench where he can still get around 30 minutes a game.

Starting him with Collins is a big hinderance to his development. Ideally we trade Olynyk and bring Collins off the bench where he can still get around 30 minutes a game.
I think they need Olynyk in the starting rotation and play Collins off the bench. Probably not gonna happen considering Collins is paid like a starter.

I think they need Olynyk in the starting rotation and play Collins off the bench. Probably not gonna happen considering Collins is paid like a starter.

This. The business side of the NBA and our rebuild sets some frames so we will not see the optimal starting line ups until we are set with another ALL-star.

Shouldn't Hardy's seat be getting a little warm after a game like this?

Nope. He's juggling players and lineups and seeing who can play. Jazz have several guys who want to be point guards. Two of them can shoot. Two of them can pass. Only one of them can both shoot AND pass, and he's only 19.

The Jazz have a terrible lack of playmaking right now. Their offensive possessions are so bad that it puts them on their heels on the defensive end.

Kessler owned Sabonis last season.

Most of Sabonis's scoring production tonight was not against Kessler

Not anymore. Players study players. You just avoid kesslers blocking radius and you’re good to go. Barnes and sabonis didn’t mind attacking kessler one on one.

Still the bigger issue is playmaking and shooting. We need this to unlock Lauri.

It was a scheduled loss folks. The majority of us knew we were going to go 3-7 or 4-6 in the first 10 games. Calm down brothers

Let’s not forget that the Kings offense was absolutely ridiculous last year and will continue to be ridiculous this year.

I didn’t watch the game but even just looking at highlights, sexton looked really bad. There was one play where his guy made a pass at the top of the key… and he just meandered over to the guy receiving the pass and leaving his original guy. Then after that on offense, he sets a pick for clarkson which didn’t even touch the defender then slowly moved into the area where clarkson was driving into (clarkson made the floater or something hence the highlight)

Always been a big supporter of sexton and I thought it was a great contract when we got it, but those kinds of head in the cloud plays on offense and defense aren’t really acceptable

Our shot was way off to start and by the time we made shots it was too late. Plus Kings couldnt miss, even their bad shots bounced in. That said we had some decent games from a few players.

Clarkson was his usual self, made some good shots, took some dumb shots, had some turnovers that hurt but overall was solid and pretty much what I expect from him.
Lauri's shot was off to start and he struggled to get going. He got frustrated by the physical play without getting many calls. But he still was decent in the game.
THT was actually overall pretty decent he made a couple threes and didnt take wild threes. He had some awesome passes and only had one turnover. His inside game struggled and his defense was not great.
Collins was solid in this game and did what I expected. I was happy with his play. Although I wish he was hitting those open threes so he would keep shooting.
Kessler was fine but this isnt a game he is getting many minutes because Sabonis is going to pull him out of the paint.
Olynyk was pretty good he probably needed more minutes but I think Coach is still going to take awhile to figure that out with some many guys.
Sexton and Dunn sucked off the bench this game and was probably one of the biggest factors in us getting blown out. I think they will bounce back though. But this is going to be a question mark of who gets these minutes. I hope one steps up and gets the minutes
The Rookie George was pretty impressive for his first game and I think will grow to be a starter quickly and will need more minutes quickly.
Agbaji was a decent energy bench guy and played his role.

This wasnt a fun first game to watch but I think we have potential to get rolling once we figure out our lineups and some players get rolling. This is going to be rough beginning to the season with some many unknowns though and a hard spot for Hardy to be in.

That sucked. On the positive note, kessler and markennan will rarely ever play that bad again and certainly wont both be that bad in the same game. That was probably the worst sexton has ever played in a jazz uniform. Collins had a lot of good moments. Keyonte played well.

I didnt watch the last 5 minutes of the 4th

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app